Help & Manual help 
Author Message
 Help & Manual help

I purchased Help & Manual about six months ago on advise here and used it
once (very satisfied), now I need to use it again and have forgotten how to
link the windows style hlp file to the C5EE program.  Please help me.

 - Louis Andrews C5ee(b) ABC



Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:17:08 GMT  
 Help & Manual help
Click the icon on the toolbar that looks like a funnel or meatgrinder.

When the next screen pops up, there is a drop down at upper left that
lets you choose what kind of output to create. Thats all there is to
it.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations



Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:53:16 GMT  
 Help & Manual help
I have had difficulty with this.  The only way I know if is to enter
something in the Topic's Keyword that is unique, like 'Updating Customers'
and in your app go to the Window's Help attribute and enter the same thing
there.  This is not "Best".  There is probably a way to use an implicit
topic but I got frustrated with it.

btw:/ once I got the free Solace HTML Help template I switched to HTML Help.
With this template, HTML help is a breeze (probably easier than WinHelp) and
it's how SV should have made the template in the first place.


Quote:
> I purchased Help & Manual about six months ago on advise here and used it
> once (very satisfied), now I need to use it again and have forgotten how
to
> link the windows style hlp file to the C5EE program.  Please help me.

>  - Louis Andrews C5ee(b) ABC



Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:15:32 GMT  
 Help & Manual help
The Help ID you enter must match a "keyword" in your H&M Help Section.

Tim Morrison
ECI Software


Quote:
> I purchased Help & Manual about six months ago on advise here and used it
> once (very satisfied), now I need to use it again and have forgotten how
to
> link the windows style hlp file to the C5EE program.  Please help me.

>  - Louis Andrews C5ee(b) ABC



Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:30:07 GMT  
 Help & Manual help
I have found the A link to work best. Samples are in C55EEE distribution.


Quote:
> I purchased Help & Manual about six months ago on advise here and used it
> once (very satisfied), now I need to use it again and have forgotten how
to
> link the windows style hlp file to the C5EE program.  Please help me.

>  - Louis Andrews C5ee(b) ABC



Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:32:54 GMT  
 Help & Manual help
Mark,

I wasn't clear and everyone has misunderstood my request.  When starting a
new app, we are given the option of naming a help file.  I didn't do that
and now want to add my new help file to the existing app.  I know I can
export a txa and create a new app with a help file, but what I want to know
is there a way to add the help file link to an existing app?  In other words
how do I had the HELP('Gnthelp.HLP') line as below to the existing default
module gnt.clw.

 CODE
  HELP('Gnthelp.HLP')
  GlobalErrors.Init
  INIMgr.Init('gnt.INI')
  DctInit
  Main

Do I use an embed?  If so, which one.  Or is there a simpler way?

 - Louis Andrews  C5ee(b) ABC


Quote:
> Click the icon on the toolbar that looks like a funnel or meatgrinder.

> When the next screen pops up, there is a drop down at upper left that
> lets you choose what kind of output to create. Thats all there is to
> it.

> ---
> Mark Riffey
> Granite Bear Development
> http://www.granitebear.com

> Software for professional photography
> studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
> solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
> organizations



Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:17:39 GMT  
 Help & Manual help
Louis,

Click Application, Properties. The field is accessible there.

If its HTML help, you name it in the global extension.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations



Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:23:06 GMT  
 Help & Manual help
Thanks, I was certain that I had checked that, but apparently my short term
memory is going fast...

Best,

 - Louis Andrews


Quote:
> Louis,

> Click Application, Properties. The field is accessible there.

> If its HTML help, you name it in the global extension.

> ---
> Mark Riffey
> Granite Bear Development
> http://www.granitebear.com

> Software for professional photography
> studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
> solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
> organizations



Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:39:18 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. HELP: HELP: HELP: HELP: Online-manual on Expect

2. Help&Manual Question

3. Link Help & Manual to My Clarion Application

4. help! f90.help help help help

5. CHM files, HTML help & Help & Manual

6. Fix C5.5, HTML Help & Help & Manual

7. C5.5, HTML Help & Help & Manual

8. TS C++ Manuals & GenCode manuals

9. ***HELP***HELP***NEED INFORMATION***HELP***HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. HELP HELP HELP HELP

12. Ord Function HELP Please HELP HELP HELP

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software