TinTool Question: Can it Coexist with CPCS?
Author Message
 TinTool Question: Can it Coexist with CPCS?

I never used TinTool before.  All my reports use CPCS reporting tool.
Recently, I'm trying the TinTool's page-of-page feature in a new report that
is not CPCS.  During compilation, I get a whole bunch of duplicate data
declaration warnings.  But the app compiles and the TinTool reports works
fine.  Would there be any problem later on since there are those nagging
duplicate warning?

Another question:  Page-of-page does not work if I remove the TinPreviwer
extension template.  Is there a way to get page-of-page feature without
previewing a report.?

I am beginning to like TinTool because it is not a blackbox + can't beat the
price!

Cheers,
Sukhendu Barua

Sun, 15 May 2005 22:31:50 GMT
 TinTool Question: Can it Coexist with CPCS?
Hi Sukhendu,

I haven't used CPCS, but I do use Tintools quite a bit.    (DOUBLE THUMBS
UP, TINMAN !!   :)

Quote:
> Another question:  Page-of-page does not work if I remove the TinPreviwer
> extension template.  Is there a way to get page-of-page feature without
> previewing a report.?

The Page-of-page template puts a marker 'Page XXX of XXX' in the WMF  before
it is printed. These pages are stored in a queue.   Afterwords the previewer
modifies the WMF  by replacing the marker with the actual page number and
total and then it previews the report.  I have it set to give the user the
option to print or preview, but it has to run the previewer in order to get
the page count.   (You might be able to modify the template to have it
automatically complete the user option screen)

The only other way to get a page count is to run the report twice and insert
some code, before the report goes to the printer, that counts the pages and
then runs the report again.  Although, I would not recommended for medium to
large reports.

HTH,

Al Sierra

Mon, 16 May 2005 00:35:16 GMT
 TinTool Question: Can it Coexist with CPCS?
Thanks Al for your help. I would like to do the same as you did: to give
user the choice to preview or not.  But not every time the user runs the
report.  Instead from a preference window where the user can toggle a
switch.  Capture the user's choice in a global variable and set the embed.
I don't know which embed point will turn on and off the TinPreview and get
page-of-page every time.

Cheers,
Sukhendu Barua

Quote:
> Hi Sukhendu,

> I haven't used CPCS, but I do use Tintools quite a bit.    (DOUBLE THUMBS
> UP, TINMAN !!   :)

> > Another question:  Page-of-page does not work if I remove the
TinPreviwer
> > extension template.  Is there a way to get page-of-page feature without
> > previewing a report.?

> The Page-of-page template puts a marker 'Page XXX of XXX' in the WMF
before
> it is printed. These pages are stored in a queue.   Afterwords the
previewer
> modifies the WMF  by replacing the marker with the actual page number and
> total and then it previews the report.  I have it set to give the user the
> option to print or preview, but it has to run the previewer in order to
get
> the page count.   (You might be able to modify the template to have it
> automatically complete the user option screen)

> The only other way to get a page count is to run the report twice and
insert
> some code, before the report goes to the printer, that counts the pages
and
> then runs the report again.  Although, I would not recommended for medium
> large reports.

> HTH,

> Al Sierra

Mon, 16 May 2005 00:47:13 GMT
 TinTool Question: Can it Coexist with CPCS?
Sukhendu
Have you tried the page of page feature in CPCS Previwer ??
On the Previwer in the entry < Pages to Print > replace 'ALL'
with < 1-3 or 1,3,5 or 2,4,6 ect >
This is where your user can select use page of page.
You can also check out page 26 of CPCS user Manual For Using Page of Page
Option.
Hope this Helps
Gary
Quote:

> I never used TinTool before.  All my reports use CPCS reporting tool.
> Recently, I'm trying the TinTool's page-of-page feature in a new report that
> is not CPCS.  During compilation, I get a whole bunch of duplicate data
> declaration warnings.  But the app compiles and the TinTool reports works
> fine.  Would there be any problem later on since there are those nagging
> duplicate warning?

> Another question:  Page-of-page does not work if I remove the TinPreviwer
> extension template.  Is there a way to get page-of-page feature without
> previewing a report.?

> I am beginning to like TinTool because it is not a blackbox + can't beat the
> price!

> Cheers,
> Sukhendu Barua

Wed, 18 May 2005 06:17:16 GMT

1. Question about TinTools

2. Tintools Phone Dialer question

3. CPCS report question (cross posted)

4. CPCS Report Question..

5. CPCS loop thru associated file question

6. CPCS Report Templete Question

7. CA Cans VO ?

8. It's not bad canned meat...

9. It's not bad canned meat...