Problems, problems, problems
Author Message
 Problems, problems, problems

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hey gang:
I have had a bunch of problems over the last couple of weeks. First IE 4.0
made my system take a dump. Had a devil of a time getting things back to
stability. Still can't use my news reader in IE 3.02. Then made a final
decision on my big app to introduce it as a 32 bit program on my web page.
Well I changed my app to 32 bit. Did a compile, and during the link got the
following error message at the end of the link:
Link Error: Unsupported record typeA2   D0
I've been all over the templates searching to find something like A2, nada.
Does anyone have an idea of where or how to find the offending template?
Thanks!

Mick

Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems, problems, problems

Hello Michael!

Are you using special DLL in this App? If so, which one?

Quote:

>                        - - - - - - - - - -
> Hey gang:
> I have had a bunch of problems over the last couple of weeks. First IE
4.0
> made my system take a dump. Had a devil of a time getting things back to
> stability. Still can't use my news reader in IE 3.02. Then made a final
> decision on my big app to introduce it as a 32 bit program on my web
page.
> Well I changed my app to 32 bit. Did a compile, and during the link got
the
> following error message at the end of the link:
> Link Error: Unsupported record typeA2   D0
> I've been all over the templates searching to find something like A2,
nada.
> Does anyone have an idea of where or how to find the offending template?
> Thanks!

> Mick

Wed, 22 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems, problems, problems

Pierre:
I am using: Secwin, Missing Link, EZhelp, MJT Calendar & C3 extensions. I
was really hopeing someone would give me a clue as to a way to debug such
problems. Seems to me using the old TS, ie text search program from Norton,
and running it on the CW20 directory and sub directory you would find a
refrence to the A2. I suppose this refrence could be hidden inside a DLL
for one of the extensions? Any help is appreciated.

Mick

Quote:
> Hello Michael!

> Are you using special DLL in this App? If so, which one?

> >                        - - - - - - - - - -
> > Hey gang:
> > I have had a bunch of problems over the last couple of weeks. First IE
> 4.0
> > made my system take a dump. Had a devil of a time getting things back
> > stability. Still can't use my news reader in IE 3.02. Then made a final
> > decision on my big app to introduce it as a 32 bit program on my web
> page.
> > Well I changed my app to 32 bit. Did a compile, and during the link got
> the
> > following error message at the end of the link:
> > Link Error: Unsupported record typeA2   D0
> > I've been all over the templates searching to find something like A2,
> nada.
> > Does anyone have an idea of where or how to find the offending
template?
> > Thanks!

> > Mick

Wed, 22 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems, problems, problems

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Mick,

Quote:
>I have had a bunch of problems over the last couple of weeks. First IE 4.0
>made my system take a dump. Had a devil of a time getting things back to
>stability. Still can't use my news reader in IE 3.02. Then made a final
>decision on my big app to introduce it as a 32 bit program on my web page.
>Well I changed my app to 32 bit. Did a compile, and during the link got the
>following error message at the end of the link:
>Link Error: Unsupported record typeA2   D0
>I've been all over the templates searching to find something like A2, nada.
>Does anyone have an idea of where or how to find the offending template?

I doubt very much this has anything to do with templates.  What is it
linking when this error message shows up?  As you say your system had
become unstable, some CW unrelated things may have happened that cause
this.  Have you tried to re-install CW?  There might be a corrupt .lib
file somewhere in the system...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Wed, 22 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems, problems, problems

Quote:
> Well I changed my app to 32 bit. Did a compile, and during the link got the
> following error message at the end of the link:
> Link Error: Unsupported record typeA2   D0
> I've been all over the templates searching to find something like A2, nada.

The most likely cause of this is that you are trying to link a 16-bit
LIB or .DLL into your 32-bit .APP.

From: Sean Wilson               WebSite: http://www.GreyMatter.co.uk
Post: Grey Matter Ltd., Prigg Meadow, Ashburton, Devon, UK. TQ13 7DF
Tel: +44 (0)1364 654 100                    Fax: +44 (0)1364 654 200

Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eiffel Problems, Problems, Problems

2. Finn Idiom problems and Re: {rho} problem

3. Combinatorial Problem [ & a new Combinatorial Problem ]

4. Database problem/Memory problem??

5. CW 2003 - Focus problem & a select problem

6. 32bit problem - one problem solved & another found

7. GForth problem or my problem?

8. REXX DLL problems solved (was Re: Problems getting C subcommand to work)

9. HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)

10. Problem with this excercise problem.

11. RSX problems and texture problems

12. Problem with Problem 1