Formfeed question
Author Message
 Formfeed question

Hi,

My program is designed to print out one line every time a record is
saved.  How can I prevent a formfeed between lines?

Thanks
--
regards,

chris

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formfeed question

Chris,

My overall quick thought would be to write a record to a "delta" file
and then run a once-per-day process against the delta file and print
that.

Just a quick idea.

Al

Quote:

> Hi,

> My program is designed to print out one line every time a record is
> saved.  How can I prevent a formfeed between lines?

> Thanks
> --
> regards,

> chris

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formfeed question

Save the records to a file/queue and print all changes at some specified
point in time?  I gather you are calling a Report procedure everytime there
is a change?  If so, I suspect that closing the report causes the form feed.

--

Regards,
Geoff Bomford

Quote:

>Hi,

>My program is designed to print out one line every time a record is
>saved.  How can I prevent a formfeed between lines?

>Thanks
>--
>regards,

>chris

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formfeed question

Hi Geoff,

On Mon, 4 May 1998 12:33:49 +1000, "Geoff Bomford"

Quote:

>Save the records to a file/queue and print all changes at some specified
>point in time?  I gather you are calling a Report procedure everytime there
>is a change?  If so, I suspect that closing the report causes the form feed.

Just an idea:  A global queue that is added to and a timer event on
the appfram checks for number of records in the queue.  If the queue
has reached a certain number of records, it's printed automatically
and then cleared.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formfeed question

Hi Geoff, Arnor,

Thanks for the relies.  I found that I can set Windows to do the job.

Settings>Printers>Rt_Click_on_Printer>Paper>set_papersource=No Page Break

Sorry, but it was kind of hidden in Windows.

Chris

I found that I can set Windows

Quote:
>Save the records to a file/queue and print all changes at some specified
>point in time?  I gather you are calling a Report procedure everytime there
>is a change?  If so, I suspect that closing the report causes the form
feed.

>--

>Regards,
>Geoff Bomford
>ComForMark
>Computer services For Marketing
>Sydney,  Australia

>>Hi,

>>My program is designed to print out one line every time a record is
>>saved.  How can I prevent a formfeed between lines?

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formfeed question

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 6 May 1998 09:56:25 -0400 , "Chris Kloss"

Quote:

>Hi Geoff, Arnor,

>Thanks for the relies.  I found that I can set Windows to do the job.

>Settings>Printers>Rt_Click_on_Printer>Paper>set_papersource=No Page Break

Thanks for the tip:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formfeed question

Chris,

I'm glad you found a solution.  Your solution is very specific to the
print driver being used.  Some do, some don't have this "feature" so it
would be hard to generalize.

Glad you got it working though.

Best wishes,

Al

Quote:

>Hi Geoff, Arnor,

>Thanks for the relies.  I found that I can set Windows to do the job.

>Settings>Printers>Rt_Click_on_Printer>Paper>set_papersource=No Page Break

Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. pbcc formfeeds

2. Windows printing and FormFeed

3. how to NOT formfeed?

4. Printing Labels produces formfeed

5. Label FormFeed Windows 2000

6. Help: how to send printer formfeed w. rexx

7. Printing Without FormFeed

8. Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers

9. Question(Questions, questions...)

10. Newbie Question: Realbasic Question

11. Questions Questions

12. Questions and more questions...