Also looking for a Help tool
Author Message
 Also looking for a Help tool

Need advice here also.  What is the best tool for creating Help files

Tom Ferguson

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:07:05 GMT
 Also looking for a Help tool
Hi Tom,

Use Help Scribble, Help & Manual or EzHelp.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> Need advice here also.  What is the best tool for creating Help files

> Tom Ferguson

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:18:32 GMT
 Also looking for a Help tool

Quote:
> Need advice here also.  What is the best tool for creating Help files

> Tom Ferguson

Help Scribble

        regards
            Bernhard

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:52:18 GMT
 Also looking for a Help tool
We've been pretty happy with Help Magician,
It is a wysiwyg help creator, supporting .HLPs and .HTML based help

Mark Goldberg

Quote:
> Need advice here also.  What is the best tool for creating Help files

> Tom Ferguson

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:42:38 GMT
 Also looking for a Help tool
Tom,

James Fortune and I would agree that it is ForeHelp, but there are
actually quite a few recommendations from this newsgroup. ForeHelp is
certainly not among the least expensive, but is certainly one of the
more well featured choices.

ForeHelp

The visual Help authoring leader for WinHelp development features a
standalone WYSIWYG authoring system, a unique Instant Test mode, and
extensive project management and shortcut features. You'll be creating
Help files in no time in ForeHelp's intuitive editing environment!

By ForeFront Inc.
http://www.ff.com

Here's another link that is invaluable for creating help.

Vendor Name - HelpMaster, Contact - Josef Becker
Primary ID - Help Authoring References

Internet Link - http://www.helpmaster.com/

"Here you will find the world's largest selection of WinHelp, HTMLHelp
and HTML related files and hints."

David

Quote:

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online
http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:07:29 GMT
 Also looking for a Help tool
Hi Tom,

Quote:
>Need advice here also.  What is the best tool for creating Help files

I'd swear by ForeHelp;)  James Fortune has talked about ForeHelp for
ages and when I was faced with the task of writing help files for our
Wizards, I realised we had an old version of ForeHelp (2.97 or
something like that)  I installed it around noon Friday and Sunday
night I was done with the help, which includes about 80 screenshots
and prints out to somewhere around 60 pages.  It was easy to learn and
figure out and it was just about as smooth as it gets.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com & www.candobidding.com

ICQ:  113314380

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 02:57:24 GMT
 Also looking for a Help tool
Tom,
try this link: http://www.comformark.com.au/
This template by Geoff Bomford is free.  Basically, you fill in the details
on your procedures from within the app, and the templates create a help file
for you, plus a word or HTML document.  You can include images.  It's very
easy.
HTH
Dave Beggs

Quote:
> Need advice here also.  What is the best tool for creating Help files

> Tom Ferguson

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:01:35 GMT

1. Looking for tools that help to write Cobol converters

2. unexplainable behaviour - f90 - looking for some tools to help diagnose

3. looking for a tool to help debug scripts

4. HELP: Looking for ST implemented CASE tools

5. Looking for BAL programmers and tools

6. VSE Porting Tool Project - Looking for VSE customer contacts for porting study

7. Looking for info on laboratory simulation tool from Tektronix Labs

8. -Looking for Automated Test Tool

9. need WIN95 look tools for VW

10. Looking for a Profiling/Benchmarking Tool for VA 3.0

11. Still looking for an image tool

12. Looking for a reporting tool