Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)
Author Message
 Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)

I wonder is it possible to:
   read / write    from / to
   Excel / Word and other app:s

   using DDE:s in CW2.0

  Ex:
  1)  An Excel - spreadsheet with many sheets
      What is the item in
    DDEREAD( channel, mode, item [, variable ] )
      Where do I put the name of the sheet, is it part of the item ?
      the example in CW2.0 there is
    DDEREAD(ExcelServer,DDE:auto,'R5C5',DDEReadVal)
      only the row and the column. Could it be somthing like
      'Sheet4|R5C5'. Where can I find the syntax ?.

      If I use an text written inside excel picked from the
      "text-icon" how do I adress it with DDEREAD AND DDEPOKE.

  2)  A word - document with text, spreadsheets, and pictures.
      What is the syntax reading and writing (DDEREAD & DDEPOKE)

  3)  Other applications
      I am using an application thet reads online-stockprices
      and it is possible to look at them in Excel, writing

      =ProgName|'StockName'!'Valuetype', (Valuetype ie. bid, ask ...)

      How can I read this directly (withoout Excel) to CW20 using
      DDE:s.

      I have tried all these using soon all possible combinations
      and separators without any success.

  Knowing how to continue is essential in continuing with my work.
  As I haven't got any answers and questions on this topic have
  been done by many I hope someone could give an answer.

  If it isn't possible with CW2.0 that would also be a valuable
  answer for me though I believe it should be possible.

  I wouldn't like to bother TOPSPEED, but I believe it would
  serve many programmers to know how to use DDE:s in these
  examples and the syntax a little more widly.

  Thank YOU for any help on this issue

  Bjorn Kaustell, Finland

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)

Quote:

> I wonder is it possible to:
>    read / write    from / to
>    Excel / Word and other app:s

>    using DDE:s in CW2.0

>   Ex:
>   1)  An Excel - spreadsheet with many sheets
>       What is the item in
>     DDEREAD( channel, mode, item [, variable ] )
>       Where do I put the name of the sheet, is it part of the item ?
>       the example in CW2.0 there is
>     DDEREAD(ExcelServer,DDE:auto,'R5C5',DDEReadVal)
>       only the row and the column. Could it be somthing like
>       'Sheet4|R5C5'. Where can I find the syntax ?.

>       If I use an text written inside excel picked from the
>       "text-icon" how do I adress it with DDEREAD AND DDEPOKE.

Dear Bjorn,

Sorry about the delay. I've sent you some e-mail with a procedure
to select Application and topic from any DDE-server.

If anybody else is interested, please let me know at.

Kind regards.

Tue, 13 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)

Quote:

> Dear Bjorn,

> Sorry about the delay. I've sent you some e-mail with a procedure
> to select Application and topic from any DDE-server.

> If anybody else is interested, please let me know at.

> Kind regards.

Hello

Now it's my turn to be more than sorry. We have had and
perhaps still have problems with our e-mail. My e-mail-adress
was therefor wrong. I hope it works now. This is truely
embarrasing.

If it is possible I hope you could send me your e-mail again.
My e-mail adress is now corrected in our net and is:

If I find something interesting on DDE:s I e-mail it to you.

PS. I tried to e-mail this to you but our system's
Digital ALL-IN-ONE or something like that doesn't
seem to work.

I am very sorry

Bjorn

Tue, 13 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading/Writing from/to Excel/Word using DDE (PLEASE HELP)

Quote:

>Dear Bjorn,
>Sorry about the delay. I've sent you some e-mail with a procedure
>to select Application and topic from any DDE-server.
>If anybody else is interested, please let me know at.
>Kind regards.

Hmm, that sounds pretty cool .. how do you feel about putting it in
the incoming on icetips, if not I would like to see a copy ...

Thanks
sm

Tue, 20 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DDE help please...converting an Excel reference

2. DDE DDE DDE DDE DDE ( once more, help needed )

3. Please help for writing d.words

4. Please help Visual Basic Programer with simple read/write text file routine---Real Basic 2.1

5. Using Excel with DDE

6. Using DDE:s CW / Excel

7. How uses DDE in C5 PE with Microsoft Office 97 Excel

8. Please Help? Read and Write in Table

9. Reading from MS Word and Excel documents

10. Q: How to fill an excel sheet with data from tcl using DDE

11. MS Word with Clarion using DDE

12. Help on DDE with Excel