Placing String Controls with Dictionary Fields
Author Message
 Placing String Controls with Dictionary Fields

I want to place several dictionary fields as string controls (i.e., display the value
contained in the field without letting the user change it).  If I use the Populate Field
facility, it wants to use the default as specified in the dictionary (which is an entry
control).  Is there any easy way to override this, other than placing a string control
and then having to type in the field name manually?

I do not want to have the fields as disabled entry controls.

Thanks,

Steve Tepper
ASTCO Ltd.

Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Placing String Controls with Dictionary Fields

In the dictionary you can on the Window tab, specify the control as a
string.

Mick

Quote:
> I want to place several dictionary fields as string controls (i.e.,
display the value
> contained in the field without letting the user change it).  If I use the
Populate Field
> facility, it wants to use the default as specified in the dictionary
(which is an entry
> control).  Is there any easy way to override this, other than placing a
string control
> and then having to type in the field name manually?

> I do not want to have the fields as disabled entry controls.

> Thanks,

> Steve Tepper
> ASTCO Ltd.

Fri, 23 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Placing String Controls with Dictionary Fields

I forgot to mention, I need the controls as entry controls on other screens,
and string controls on certain (child) screens, so I have to leave it as an
entry control in the dictionary.

Steve

Quote:

> I want to place several dictionary fields as string controls (i.e., display the value
> contained in the field without letting the user change it).  If I use the Populate Field
> facility, it wants to use the default as specified in the dictionary (which is an entry
> control).  Is there any easy way to override this, other than placing a string control
> and then having to type in the field name manually?

> I do not want to have the fields as disabled entry controls.

> Thanks,

> Steve Tepper
> ASTCO Ltd.

Sat, 24 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Placing String Controls with Dictionary Fields

Use a string, select Properties, check the Variable option and select
the field from the file/field list.

Regards
Malcolm

Quote:

>I want to place several dictionary fields as string controls (i.e., display the value
>contained in the field without letting the user change it).  If I use the Populate Field
>facility, it wants to use the default as specified in the dictionary (which is an entry
>control).  Is there any easy way to override this, other than placing a string control
>and then having to type in the field name manually?
>I do not want to have the fields as disabled entry controls.
>Thanks,
>Steve Tepper
>ASTCO Ltd.

Sun, 25 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Placing String Controls with Dictionary Fields

Steve,
Just place the control using Populate as normal, then right click the control then
select Properties and make the field Skip, and Read Only.  The user can't change it
and the focus skips the field when tabbing.

HTH,
Sherman

Quote:

> I want to place several dictionary fields as string controls (i.e., display the value
> contained in the field without letting the user change it).  If I use the Populate Field
> facility, it wants to use the default as specified in the dictionary (which is an entry
> control).  Is there any easy way to override this, other than placing a string control
> and then having to type in the field name manually?

> I do not want to have the fields as disabled entry controls.

> Thanks,

> Steve Tepper
> ASTCO Ltd.

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. C5PE - Dictionary Field - Default Window Control not applied correctly

2. place control in edit in place

3. Dictionary to string and back to dictionary??

4. Change Entry Fields To String Fields.

5. number of control fields in control break

6. Edit-In-Place Like It's Done in the Dictionary Manager

7. Placing Tkinter objects in a dictionary

8. string variable and string field

9. Comparing 2 files, with some fields out of place

10. Placing a sum field on a report

11. Field Place Holders

12. Edit-in-place field equalization