Long Filenames
Author Message
 Long Filenames

Hi,

I know this question has probably been asked before but I have been
unable to find reference to it!

I have a 32bit application running on Windows 2000 that uses TPS
files.  I believed that these could have long filenames, but it seems
they are automatically being truncated to standard DOS 8 character
names.  I thought only 16bit applications and OS's required this.
Could someone clarify this for me.

Thanks

Steve

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:50:13 GMT
 Long Filenames
Steve,
If you specify in the Full Pathname Entry field in the Property
window of your files in the dictionary Clarion will use that
file name otherwise it will use the first eight letters of the name field.
Regards,
Marius Luidens
Quote:

> Hi,

> I know this question has probably been asked before but I have been
> unable to find reference to it!

> I have a 32bit application running on Windows 2000 that uses TPS
> files.  I believed that these could have long filenames, but it seems
> they are automatically being truncated to standard DOS 8 character
> names.  I thought only 16bit applications and OS's required this.
> Could someone clarify this for me.

> Thanks

> Steve

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:02:56 GMT
 Long Filenames
Thanks Lee, I wasn't aware of that.

Louis Andrews  C5ee(b) ABC
Augusta, GA

Quote:
> Ed,

> Long names where? If you want long filenames for the physical files use
> the "Full Pathname:" entry and a long name.

> Example: Table Properties dialog

> Name: ProductVersions
> .
> .
> .
> Full Pathname: ProductVersions.TPS

> Results in a disk file of ProductVersions.TPS

> --
> Lee White

> Lodestar Software        : http://www.CWaddons.com
> DeveloperPLUS Corporation: http://www.DeveloperPLUS.com

>       Check it out! ---> etc-III at http://etc.kcug.org

> > Hi James

> > I was referring more to the IDE creating 8.3 TPS filenames from the
> > data dictionary in spite of having long filenames inside the ide.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 05:32:31 GMT

1. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

2. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

3. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

4. Osx long filenames truncated

5. VW2.0 under Win 95 + long filenames?

6. Long Filenames

7. Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames

8. Long Filenames in Clarion

9. Long Filenames

10. drop long filenames

11. CW5 & Long Filenames