Dial up
Author Message
 Dial up

Similar as the TPS & WAN question. Here I have my application running on
a win98 mashine, and now I have a request to install ma application on
another workstation that has a dial up access to the first mashine. The
first computer has a dial up server running in the background, the
remote dials in, maps the disk on the server and runs the app. Protocol
is NetBeui and tps database.
It works, but too slow. I see there is much more network traffic than
the entire tps size that required. Any ideas to make it simple, without
major changes in the program, without changing the operating system? Is
there any win98 terminal service available?

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:23:47 GMT
 Dial up

        Have you tested a high speed internet connect using
MS Netmeeting.
        My experience with  windows apps over a 56K dialup
is slow speed. There is simply a ton of GUI info coming in.
        Try reducing the colors on the remote machine to
256.

Mike

Quote:

>Similar as the TPS & WAN question. Here I have my application running on
>a win98 mashine, and now I have a request to install ma application on
>another workstation that has a dial up access to the first mashine. The
>first computer has a dial up server running in the background, the
>remote dials in, maps the disk on the server and runs the app. Protocol
>is NetBeui and tps database.
>It works, but too slow. I see there is much more network traffic than
>the entire tps size that required. Any ideas to make it simple, without
>major changes in the program, without changing the operating system? Is
>there any win98 terminal service available?

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:33:06 GMT

1. Mouse over pop-ups with VisualWorks

2. UPS, RPS, Modules/Template Anyone?

3. Lock-ups on Network

4. interface with UPS/FedExp carrier?

5. Pop-ups in VW 2

6. no more hardware back ups

7. no more hardware back ups

8. Lock-ups in 4.0

9. Information lost when UPS failed

10. Lock ups under '98

11. ups? evaluate in Win32for turnkeyd prgms

12. USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...