How can I do this?
Author Message
 How can I do this?

In Process procedure, File_Mater and File_Backup
If Record_File_Mater not exist in Record_File_BackUp
then Insert
elst Update

How can I do this?  Thanks.

Mike

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:06:04 GMT
 How can I do this?
prime keys
NeedAdd = 0
Get(Record_File_BackUp,Record_File_BackUpKEY)
If Errorcode()
  NeedAdd = 1
End

do your assignments

If NeedAdd
  Add(Record_File_BackUp)
Else
  Put(Record_File_BackUp_)
End

Steve Parker

kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com
KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0

"The improbable, we do. The impossible takes a bit longer."

Quote:
> In Process procedure, File_Mater and File_Backup
> If Record_File_Mater not exist in Record_File_BackUp
> then Insert
> elst Update

> How can I do this?  Thanks.

> Mike

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 08:04:54 GMT
 How can I do this?
Better to use Access:Record_File_Backup.TryFetch(Record_File_BackUpKEY).
That way you can easily port to other SQL or other drivers in the future.

--
Regards,
Tony M

Quote:
> prime keys
> NeedAdd = 0
> Get(Record_File_BackUp,Record_File_BackUpKEY)
> If Errorcode()
>   NeedAdd = 1
> End

> do your assignments

> If NeedAdd
>   Add(Record_File_BackUp)
> Else
>   Put(Record_File_BackUp_)
> End

> Steve Parker

> kb and download center at:
>      www.par2.com
> KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0

> "The improbable, we do. The impossible takes a bit longer."

> > In Process procedure, File_Mater and File_Backup
> > If Record_File_Mater not exist in Record_File_BackUp
> > then Insert
> > elst Update

> > How can I do this?  Thanks.

> > Mike

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:46:27 GMT
 How can I do this?
Yes, ABC methods work too <g>.

Also worth a try is

If Access:Record_File_Backup.TryInsert
  Access:Record_File_Backup.Update
End

Steve Parker

kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com
KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0

"The improbable, we do. The impossible takes a bit longer."

Quote:
> Better to use Access:Record_File_Backup.TryFetch(Record_File_BackUpKEY).
> That way you can easily port to other SQL or other drivers in the future.

> --
> Regards,
> Tony M

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:04:30 GMT
 How can I do this?
Thank you everyone.

Mike

Quote:
> Yes, ABC methods work too <g>.

> Also worth a try is

> If Access:Record_File_Backup.TryInsert
>   Access:Record_File_Backup.Update
> End

> Steve Parker

> kb and download center at:
>      www.par2.com
> KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0

> "The improbable, we do. The impossible takes a bit longer."

> > Better to use Access:Record_File_Backup.TryFetch(Record_File_BackUpKEY).
> > That way you can easily port to other SQL or other drivers in the
future.

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Tony M

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:02:30 GMT
 How can I do this?
I want Sales_Note(a memo field) to be pre-defined with multi-line
information when Sales add new Sales Order.

How can I do this?

Mike

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:26:10 GMT
 How can I do this?
Mike,
Quote:
> I want Sales_Note(a memo field) to be pre-defined with multi-line
> information when Sales add new Sales Order.

Sales_Note = CLIP(Sales_Note) & '<13,10>' |    !Preserve current info
                   & 'This is my first new line <13,10>' |
                   & 'And this is my second.'

--

Best regards,
Maarten

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:20:01 GMT
 How can I do this?
Mike,

We do something similar with a Purchase Order Tems field. They fill
out a generic Terms field in a Demographics screen, then that info is
loaded in the terms memo field for each new PO. So on the 'add new
Sales Order' form you would look up the pre-defined value before they
enter/edit the form. Our code looks like:

        set(labinfo)
        next(labinfo)
        if ~ errorcode()
          POMt:POTerms = Lab:POTerms
          POMt:PrintTerms = Lab:PrintTerms
        .

(Labinfo is a one-record file and POTerms is a memo field.)

On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:26:10 -0700, "mikefremont"

Quote:

>I want Sales_Note(a memo field) to be pre-defined with multi-line
>information when Sales add new Sales Order.

>How can I do this?

>Mike

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:17:04 GMT
 How can I do this?
Kevin,

Thanks. I am using the same way you suggest.
But I will try Maarten's suggestion.

Mike

Quote:
> Mike,

> We do something similar with a Purchase Order Tems field. They fill
> out a generic Terms field in a Demographics screen, then that info is
> loaded in the terms memo field for each new PO. So on the 'add new
> Sales Order' form you would look up the pre-defined value before they
> enter/edit the form. Our code looks like:

>         set(labinfo)
>         next(labinfo)
>         if ~ errorcode()
>           POMt:POTerms = Lab:POTerms
>           POMt:PrintTerms = Lab:PrintTerms
>         .

> (Labinfo is a one-record file and POTerms is a memo field.)

> On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:26:10 -0700, "mikefremont"

> >I want Sales_Note(a memo field) to be pre-defined with multi-line
> >information when Sales add new Sales Order.

> >How can I do this?

> >Mike

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:20:42 GMT

1. CA Cans VO ?

2. It's not bad canned meat...

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

8. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

9. What can be done in FORTRAN that cannot be done in C/C++?

10. How can view styles be done?

11. - Fall 2003 Release done

12. How to minimize damage done by Java