Bogus Virus Alert
Author Message
 Bogus Virus Alert

To All,

My sincere apologies for forwarding the bogus Virus alert.  My brain was
in neutral when I read it and passed it on.  I know, after thinking
about it, that viruses can not yet be passed about by reading E-mail.

Sincerely, with egg on face,
Chris

Fri, 04 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Bogus Virus Alert

Quote:
> To All,

> My sincere apologies for forwarding the bogus Virus alert.  My brain was
> in neutral when I read it and passed it on.  I know, after thinking
> about it, that viruses can not yet be passed about by reading E-mail.

> Sincerely, with egg on face,
> Chris

You'd be surprised where I've received that warning from.  From some
authoritative sources who should have known better.

--
Tom Ruby

http://www.netins.net/showcase/tomruby/
I don't know anything.  I just have to make this stuff work.

Sat, 05 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Bogus Virus Alert

No harm, no foul! <g>

Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation
Consulting Division

[Using MS Internet Mail]

----------

Quote:
> Subject: Bogus Virus Alert
> Date: Monday, December 16, 1996 7:42 PM

> To All,

> My sincere apologies for forwarding the bogus Virus alert.  My brain was
> in neutral when I read it and passed it on.  I know, after thinking
> about it, that viruses can not yet be passed about by reading E-mail.

> Sincerely, with egg on face,
> Chris

Sat, 05 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Bogus Virus Alert

Hi Chris,

Quote:

>My sincere apologies for forwarding the bogus Virus alert.  My brain was
>in neutral when I read it and passed it on.  I know, after thinking
>about it, that viruses can not yet be passed about by reading E-mail.

Right!  However, viruses (and any other kind of programs) CAN be sent
via e-mail, but only in an attached file or as a uu encoded or mime
encoded part of a message.  If you receive some strange attachment
files and expect it might contain a virus, DON'T save it to disk and
try to run it.

Messages like these have been circling the net for some time - can't
really see the point in it!

Best regards,

|                     Arnor Baldvinsson                            |
| Mail address:  Naestrupvej 44, Sjorring, 7700 Thisted, Denmark   |
| e-mail:                     Web sites:                           |

Sat, 05 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Virus Alert -- bogus Microsoft Security Patch [hd_const@cox.net]

2. Product Support Services - Moderate Security Alert - Virus Alert: Klez-E

3. EMAIL VIRUS ALERT

4. Virus Alert

5. Virus alert

6. Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it

7. OT: VIRUS ALERT!

8. Virus Alert: Unwarrented?

9. Very Funny.vbs Virus Alert

10. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

11. Virus Alert - RE: Soak rice stick noodles in hot water