Dropping onto specific row?
Author Message
 Dropping onto specific row?

Ray,
CurrentChoice = ?List{PropList:MouseUpRow}
will give you the row on which the drop occurred.
Regards,
Marius Luidens
Quote:

> I've run into a roadblock using drag and drop.

> I have a listbox with queue entries that are static.  Each position must
> stay in the same spot.  I want to drag and drop from an inventory lookup to
> this listbox and have the entry assume the position that I drop it on.

> Here is my problem:

> Say that I have previously clicked on entry 1 in this listbox.  It becomes
> highlighted.  This is normal.
> Now, if I grab an inventory item and drag it over to the listbox and drop it
> on entry 5, entry 1 will receive the data because I used CHOICE() assuming
> that it would return the intended value.  I would like entry 5 to receive
> the dragged data.  CHOICE() returns 1, which was the previously selected
> entry in the listbox.  When I am hovering over the listbox, however, and
> about to drop, I do see a ghost box around whatever entry I am hovering
> over.  I cannot find any properties or events that yield this value.

> Can anyone give me some clues as to how to retrieve this value?  Thanks!

>                             -Ray.

> --
> (remove trailing letters to reply)

> Wrapmation, Inc.                        www.wrapmation.com
> Westmount, Quebec, Canada

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dropping onto specific row?

Quote:

>Ray,
>CurrentChoice = ?List{PropList:MouseUpRow}
>will give you the row on which the drop occurred.
>Regards,
>Marius Luidens

Yes, thanks.  I guess I am too late to cancel my message.  I later saw a
thread dealing with the very same issue.

                            -Ray.

(remove trailing letters to reply)

Wrapmation, Inc.                        www.wrapmation.com
Westmount, Quebec, Canada

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drag and Drop - How to get what was dropped onto

2. how to index the data onto specific places in the array

3. Dropping files onto apps

4. Dropping folder of files onto RB application

5. Dropping files onto the app icon?

6. Drag'n'dropping font names onto parts

7. Tkinter: drag-and-drop files (filenames) onto application?

8. writing output listing onto screen (or not) and onto file

9. Drag and Drop - Browse Box Row Detection

10. Set file Loaded Drop to a specific value

11. drop on specific item in listbox

12. Bwidgets: Explain Coding Specifics for Drag and Drop Please