G'day from a long-lost Lurch
Author Message
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

Greetings to all Clarioneers from a man down-under.

I've just spent the last two days ploughing through 2000+ messages,
and it's nice to see that little has changed. Good to see so many of
the old faces still active, even better to see so many new faces.

For those wondering where I've been ... a messy divorce (my missus
finally tired of being a Clarion widow), re-location, walk-about for a
month or two, re-settlement, and a heavy program schedule all
contributed to my absence over the last nine months or so. 'Nuff said.

No doubt you long-time members in the group recall my reluctance at
upgrading to the latest CW, and nothing has changed on that score. I
am still using CW 2.002.01, and am loathe to move to the new C4, at
least for my existing apps - having just read the last 2000 messages
in the group has probably only confirmed this ;). I'm getting too old
to re-write my mega-huge, heavily embedded, multi-DLL app for the
4th time <g>.

But .... I have nonetheless placed an order <sigh>, and will be using
it for a new project in the pipeline.

Look forward to seeing y'all on clc and the IRC sessions.
--
Steve Greenwood
HiCaliber Software

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

Yo Steve,

Quote:

>Greetings to all Clarioneers from a man down-under.

>But .... I have nonetheless placed an order <sigh>, and will be using
>it for a new project in the pipeline.

>Look forward to seeing y'all on clc and the IRC sessions.

Good to have you back buddy:)  Me and Russ were thinking about setting
out to search for you, but I can't stand the heat and it's not hot
enough for Russ down there<bg>

Nice to see you back:)

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

LURCH!!!

I thought you were dead. Welcome back, bud.

-Jeff

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed(CW)(Compuserve)]
(CW2003, DET 2.2, RPM, PwrBrw, CPCS, PDLookup, Ultra Tree, G-Reg, etc.) Since 1991
J & S Software Co.  http://www.jssoftware.com
(CIS: 73501,1323) Using Agent 1.5 and loving it!

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

    Welcome back, Lurch!

 - Andrew Guidroz II (GeeTroze)

Every pint bottle should contain a quart.
http://www.coonass.com  SnowDog Software

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

Welcome back, Steve !

--
Bernard Grosperrin, Alias(Bernie)
BG Consultants

Clarion Web Site :http://www.cwsuperpage.com/bernie

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

A big thanks to all who responded both here, and privately. It brings
a big warm fuzzy all round <sniff>.

I'm touched, truly ..... and a little lost for words.
--
Steve Greenwood
HiCaliber Software

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

Quote:

> I'm touched, truly ..... and a little lost for words.

Steve,

I've never known an Aussie that was "lost for words" <VBG>

Al

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

Steve,

If you are in the dark about OOP, then read the essay in the Programmer's
Guide.  Also, subscribe to Clarion OnLine (www.clariononline.com) and ask
about the back issues.  A few articles there.  And as another resource,
check out Dave harm's site about OOP
(http://www.incunabula.com/cwoop/index.htm).

After reading and applying this data, let me know if you still have some
questions about it. Told ya I would get you back into the swing of things!
<vbg>

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation

|G'day Al!
|

|>I've never known an Aussie that was "lost for words" <VBG>
|
|Well, you see Al, in the past I've been known to kinda run off at the
|mouth from time to time (well, okay, all the time) and I thought this
|time round I might try to be a little more circumspect.
|
|Not sure how long it's gonna last, though, specially once I get my
|hands on C4 and work out just how much TopSpeed OOPsed it up <lol>.
|
|Catch u later
|--
|Steve Greenwood
|HiCaliber Software

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

G'day Al!

Quote:

>I've never known an Aussie that was "lost for words" <VBG>

Well, you see Al, in the past I've been known to kinda run off at the
mouth from time to time (well, okay, all the time) and I thought this
time round I might try to be a little more circumspect.

Not sure how long it's gonna last, though, specially once I get my
hands on C4 and work out just how much TopSpeed OOPsed it up <lol>.

Catch u later
--
Steve Greenwood
HiCaliber Software

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 G'day from a long-lost Lurch

G'day Russ!

Quote:
>After reading and applying this data, let me know if you still have some
>questions about it. Told ya I would get you back into the swing of things!
><vbg>

Yup, lots to read and learn all over again. Been checking out a few
things already on various sites. Love the Clarion WebRing.

The OOP lingo sure looks different, but I'm sure I'll get the swing of
it .... just in time for CW5 <g>. Seriously, I'm kinda looking forward
to it.

TTFN
--
Steve Greenwood
HiCaliber Software

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. G'day from a long-lost Lurch

2. G'day from a RAMbunctious Lurch!

3. G'day from a RAMbunctious Lurch!

4. Check out Lurch's new Print Preview at IceTips

5. Help - I've fallen down and I can't get up (lost a day's work)

6. Gnu's long long in Verilog-XL VPI

7. Long-lost point

8. Long Lost Site

9. losing 'errorInfo' in nested Tcl_Eval calls

10. Availability of a 'AWT'-like windowing interface to Smalltalk these days

11. Day of week DATE('w')

12. How to make a Python Long from a long long in an extension