Std:Copy, Std:Paste, Std:cut problems
Author Message
 Std:Copy, Std:Paste, Std:cut problems

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I was working on a new program the other
day using cw 2002.1 it's a simple 32 bit program, but for some reason the
Std:cut copy and paste functions (located on the application frame) don't
seem to be working - I thought that before they just worked if you were in
a field with text, etc.  On this program they are always disabled?  I'm
hoping that I don't have to program all that on a per-field basis.
Is this a new broken thing, or am I missing something.
Bill

Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Std:Copy, Std:Paste, Std:cut problems

Quote:

> Perhaps I'm missing something, but I was working on a new program the other
> day using cw 2002.1 it's a simple 32 bit program, but for some reason the
> Std:cut copy and paste functions (located on the application frame) don't
> seem to be working - I thought that before they just worked if you were in
> a field with text, etc.  On this program they are always disabled?  I'm
> hoping that I don't have to program all that on a per-field basis.
> Is this a new broken thing, or am I missing something.
> Bill

Bill,

I normally do not use the 32 bits compile, but I just tried it with
EVENTMGR.APP, one of the examples included with CW 2002, and it is
certainly a BUG - it works Ok in 16 bits compile. I tested both the
"stand-alone" and "local" under WIN95 with a Pentium 32 megs.

This is one more of a long list of bugs where a 32 bits executable does
not behave like a 16 bits executable.  If you have been following
threads here and on Compuserve for the last 12 months, the list is quite
long

Last year (fall 1995) when they came out with 32 bits in CW 1.5, I
certainly taught the 32 bits mode was not ready for prime time, now more
than a year later, 1 main release, about 4 sub-releases, I don't think
it is too much to ask them to deliver what we have paid for.

Jean Lussier
INFORMACCES  -  Montreal (Canada)

Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Std:Copy, Std:Paste, Std:cut problems

Quote:

>Perhaps I'm missing something, but I was working on a new program the other
>day using cw 2002.1 it's a simple 32 bit program, but for some reason the
>Std:cut copy and paste functions (located on the application frame) don't
>seem to be working - I thought that before they just worked if you were in
>a field with text, etc.  On this program they are always disabled?  I'm
>hoping that I don't have to program all that on a per-field basis.
>Is this a new broken thing, or am I missing something.
>Bill

        Bill,

        You have to 'paint' the area you want to perform
        operations with. After selecting the area  you can
        use the menus or shortcuts like Alt-C, Alt-X, Alt-V.

        However, if you live in the hope of copying and
        pasting a database record, you will have to do
        that using embeds and global structures that
        are exact images of the database record.

Markku

Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Std:Copy, Std:Paste, Std:cut problems

Quote:
>    You have to 'paint' the area you want to perform
>    operations with. After selecting the area  you can
>    use the menus or shortcuts like Alt-C, Alt-X, Alt-V.

>    However, if you live in the hope of copying and
>    pasting a database record, you will have to do
>    that using embeds and global structures that
>    are exact images of the database record.

> Markku

Thanks for the info - I know ways to make it work - but I know that in
earlier apps (at least when I was still working with 16 bit apps - The
std:Cut, copy & paste functions were just there - If I was in a text or
entry field I could cut copy or paste in them, and the main menu was
appropriately enabled - I can work out ways of emulating what they should
do in 32 bit - but it seems kind of pointless to have the processes if they
don't work in both 32 and 16 bit.  I hadn't checked my older 32 bit apps,
as I had just assumed they work after my experience with them working so
nicely in 16 bit - at least from version 1.000 on - I was just wondering if
this was something recently broken, or something that has been broken all
along and I just didn't notice.  I really hope that Topspeed gets its act
together on some of these basic type issues.  I really like clarion, but
this kind of stuff is begginning to get beyond annoying.

Thanks again for the help.
Bill

Fri, 18 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Std:Cut, Std:Copy, Std:Paste - Don't work at all

2. STD:Cut, STD:Copy & Paste in CW2

3. C4 Bug?: STD:Cut, Copy, Paste

4. MIL-STD-973 & MIL-STD-498 issue

5. Should MIL-STD-498 replace DOD-STD-2167A?

6. STD:Window - STD:NextWindow & STD:PreviousWindow?

7. STD:PASTE fail in a Button ToolBar

8. Std:Paste Fail in a button toolbar

9. Electronic copy of DOD-STD-2167A

10. Problem with Std,ch clipper 5.3b

11. Ada95/Mil-Std-1553 Problem (Long Post - Sorry About That)

12. Mil-Std problem: ior() etc. on f2c