Browse and image control problems
Author Message
 Browse and image control problems
    I continue to have problems with a window that has a browse and image
control (ABC multi dll app).  I open the window with the browse and image
control.  I select an item in the browse, which is based on a file.  The
file contains a field that references a name of an image (wmf) file stored
on disk.  As I select items in the browse I update the image control with
the following code in the TakeEvent embed:   ?Image3{prop:text}='my
path'&PIM:Imagename.  This works fine when I select with the mouse or with
the up and down arrows.
    I have another window with an OCX on it that allows me to edit the image
and save it back to disk.  I know the image is saved because I can view it
with windows explorer and other image viewers.
    The problem is this.  When I choose the image editor, make some changes
to the image, then close the window with the image editor and go back to the
original browse, the image control does not update itself and display the
newly created image.  I have tried just about everything I can think of and
many suggestions from this news group.  These include ResetOnGainFocus,
UpdateWindow, ResetSort and even a user defined event.  Nothing works
properly.  The closest I can get is to place a button on the browse screen
labeled "refresh".  I call BRW1.ResetFromFile in the accept embed of this
button.  This does reset the browse and image control but there are two
problems.  The first is that if I'm on say item 3, upon pressing the button
the highlight bar moves to the top of the browse.  I prefer it to stay on
the currently selected item.  The second problem is if I'm already on the
first item in the browse and press this button, nothing happens.  That is
the image control does not get updated.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'm thinking about eliminating the
image control next to the browse since I have not been able to come up with
a solution for 3 weeks now!  Certainly there must be a way to do this.

Thanks,

Jeff King

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 05:47:06 GMT
 Browse and image control problems
Hi Jeff,
I gather the  ?Image3{prop:text} does not refresh itself after closing the
window.
try  ?Image3{prop:text} = '' before closing or after opening the window
or load another image before or after
It appears your image stays in memory and you need to flush it from the memory
Hope this helps
John
Quote:

>     I continue to have problems with a window that has a browse and image
> control (ABC multi dll app).  I open the window with the browse and image
> control.  I select an item in the browse, which is based on a file.  The
> file contains a field that references a name of an image (wmf) file stored
> on disk.  As I select items in the browse I update the image control with
> the following code in the TakeEvent embed:   ?Image3{prop:text}='my
> path'&PIM:Imagename.  This works fine when I select with the mouse or with
> the up and down arrows.
>     I have another window with an OCX on it that allows me to edit the image
> and save it back to disk.  I know the image is saved because I can view it
> with windows explorer and other image viewers.
>     The problem is this.  When I choose the image editor, make some changes
> to the image, then close the window with the image editor and go back to the
> original browse, the image control does not update itself and display the
> newly created image.  I have tried just about everything I can think of and
> many suggestions from this news group.  These include ResetOnGainFocus,
> UpdateWindow, ResetSort and even a user defined event.  Nothing works
> properly.  The closest I can get is to place a button on the browse screen
> labeled "refresh".  I call BRW1.ResetFromFile in the accept embed of this
> button.  This does reset the browse and image control but there are two
> problems.  The first is that if I'm on say item 3, upon pressing the button
> the highlight bar moves to the top of the browse.  I prefer it to stay on
> the currently selected item.  The second problem is if I'm already on the
> first item in the browse and press this button, nothing happens.  That is
> the image control does not get updated.
>     Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'm thinking about eliminating the
> image control next to the browse since I have not been able to come up with
> a solution for 3 weeks now!  Certainly there must be a way to do this.

> Thanks,

> Jeff King

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:14:41 GMT
 Browse and image control problems
You can also make a reference variable to the image and then RefVar &= Null,
and then back to the image. I mucked around with a real estate listings
program that had photos of houses, and for me, that seemed to be the
simplest way to go.

Quote:
> [...]

this
> > button.  This does reset the browse and image control but there are two
> > problems.  The first is that if I'm on say item 3, upon pressing the
button
> > the highlight bar moves to the top of the browse.  I prefer it to stay
on
> > the currently selected item.  The second problem is if I'm already on
the
> > first item in the browse and press this button, nothing happens.  That
is
> > the image control does not get updated.
> >     Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'm thinking about eliminating
the
> > image control next to the browse since I have not been able to come up
with
> > a solution for 3 weeks now!  Certainly there must be a way to do this.

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:43:30 GMT
 Browse and image control problems

Quote:

>     I continue to have problems with a window that has a browse and image
> control (ABC multi dll app).  I open the window with the browse and image
> Thanks,

> Jeff King

There is TWAIN demo app on Steve Parkers www.par2.com web site.
Get it and take a look at DisplayImage routine.
(CwTwain.zip)

Regards,
Ville

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:39:56 GMT

1. button/image ofer browse control?

2. Problem with browse box and button controls - 2003

4. Need help with LeadTools API and displaying image in image control

5. How retrieve original Image size from Image control.

6. Colormap problems (Image display, Image fromUser)

7. Browse images as data changes

8. Displaying images stored in Blob in a browse window

9. Display a browsing image

10. Browse grid and Dynamic Image question

11. Displaying Thumbnail Images in a browse

12. Browse or Table with image