Read-only Checkboxes 
Author Message
 Read-only Checkboxes

Hi all

is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
displaying not changing.
--
Regards
R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 00:28:51 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Hi Ralph,

Try disabling them...

--
---- (;-)}
Regards,
Earl R Coker

www.kwiksystems.com
www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (Clarion Templates & Utilities by Bo
Schmitz)
http://home.centurytel.net/Comsoft7/comsoft7.htm (Screen Shots of Bo's
Stuff)


| Hi all
|
| is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
| displaying not changing.
| --
| Regards
| R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 00:38:02 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
If it doesn't work, use an image

Ronald
Compad



Quote:
> Hi all

> is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> displaying not changing.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 00:36:40 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
You can use Disable.
That does - however - change the way that the prompt itself displays.
I've gotten around that by replacing the text of the prompt added by the IDE
with a seperate prompt that is tied to nothing.
That way, just the checkbox itself gets disabled.

        Tim

Quote:

> Hi all

> is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> displaying not changing.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 00:48:38 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Load the data into local variables, but never update from the local
variables.
In the code for the check boxes, if they are modified, reload the Local
varaibles.

Quote:
> Hi all

> is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> displaying not changing.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 01:11:25 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Progrommatically this is simple: See clarionfoundry under Controls,
Checkbox,Set Read Only
--
--
Kind regards,
James Cooke
http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a concise technical reference for Clarion
Programmers
http://63.99.156.24/
=========================================


Quote:
> Hi all

> is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> displaying not changing.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 03:37:31 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Place a Region control over top of the checkbox, and set the checkbox to
"Skip".

--
-- John Hickey

-- www.clarioncentral.com
-- Home of the TimeSavers Templates


Quote:
> Hi all

> is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> displaying not changing.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 04:33:57 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Ralph,

Quote:
> is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only?

Put a region around them (and set the SKIP-attribute!).

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.04EE
Certainly Clarion Developer



Sat, 21 May 2005 04:36:32 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Ralph Gathmann schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi all

> is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> displaying not changing.

Okay, disabling the control grays it which makes it hardly readable.
Placing additional controls is a bit of an effort too much :) What I did
is placing this in the Control Event Handling, Accepted embed:

if UseVar=trueValue then UseVar=falseValue else UseVar=trueValue.
display(?UseVar)

It happens after the checkbox inverted the use variable and thus
re-inverts it :) It's easy to write a template to do that.
--
Regards
R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 05:22:12 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
The Question is the Answer itself.

Add the Read-Only attribute!
You find it at the Propperty-Sheet on the Tab Extra!

Verry simple!

Regards Markus

Quote:

> Ralph Gathmann schrieb:

> > Hi all

> > is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> > displaying not changing.

> Okay, disabling the control grays it which makes it hardly readable.
> Placing additional controls is a bit of an effort too much :) What I did
> is placing this in the Control Event Handling, Accepted embed:

> if UseVar=trueValue then UseVar=falseValue else UseVar=trueValue.
> display(?UseVar)

> It happens after the checkbox inverted the use variable and thus
> re-inverts it :) It's easy to write a template to do that.



Mon, 23 May 2005 00:30:48 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Hi Ralph,

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:28:51 +0100, Ralph Gathmann

Quote:

>is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
>displaying not changing.

Create a region over the checkbox

ReadOnlyCheckbox  ROUTINE
 Data
X Short
Y Short
W Short
H Short
RF Long
 Code
 GetPosition(?Checkbox,X,Y,W,H)
 RF = Create(0,CREATE:Region,?Checkbox{Prop:Parent})
 SetPosition(RF,X,Y,W,H)
 RF{Prop:Hide} = False

Salt to taste:)

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software        
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm



Sat, 21 May 2005 06:04:41 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Hi Arnor

thanks :) I found a simpler way by "inverting" the user input after
Accepted, described that up the thread. It's less resource consuming and
easily managed through a little template.

Arnor Baldvinsson schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi Ralph,

> On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:28:51 +0100, Ralph Gathmann

> >is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> >displaying not changing.

> Create a region over the checkbox

> ReadOnlyCheckbox  ROUTINE
>  Data
> X Short
> Y Short
> W Short
> H Short
> RF Long
>  Code
>  GetPosition(?Checkbox,X,Y,W,H)
>  RF = Create(0,CREATE:Region,?Checkbox{Prop:Parent})
>  SetPosition(RF,X,Y,W,H)
>  RF{Prop:Hide} = False

> Salt to taste:)

> Best regards,

> Arnr Baldvinsson
> Icetips Software
> San Antonio, Texas, USA
> www.icetips.com

> ICQ:  113314380

> Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
> http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

--
Regards
R. Gathmann


Sat, 21 May 2005 06:45:24 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
bxor it with 1 does that.

--
--
Kind regards,
James Cooke
http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a concise technical reference for Clarion
Programmers
http://63.99.156.24/
=========================================


Quote:
> Ralph Gathmann schrieb:

> > Hi all

> > is there a possibility to make checkboxes read-only? I use them just for
> > displaying not changing.

> Okay, disabling the control grays it which makes it hardly readable.
> Placing additional controls is a bit of an effort too much :) What I did
> is placing this in the Control Event Handling, Accepted embed:

> if UseVar=trueValue then UseVar=falseValue else UseVar=trueValue.
> display(?UseVar)

> It happens after the checkbox inverted the use variable and thus
> re-inverts it :) It's easy to write a template to do that.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 07:19:39 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
Hi Ralph,

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 23:45:24 +0100, Ralph Gathmann

Quote:

>thanks :) I found a simpler way by "inverting" the user input after
>Accepted, described that up the thread. It's less resource consuming and
>easily managed through a little template.

Yes you can do that, but it still allows the user to click in it and
it will update and then revert which may be visible and indicate to
the user that something is wrong.  My experience is to not let users
mess with things they shouldn't be messing with, thus I put a region
over checkboxes that are for display purposes only<g>  Another option
that was mentioned was to use an image and that would work fine as
well:)

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software        
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm



Sat, 21 May 2005 08:48:46 GMT  
 Read-only Checkboxes
James Cooke schrieb:

Quote:

> bxor it with 1 does that.

Only in case you use 1=true and 0=false, sometimes it's better to use 1
and 2, eg. if you have keys on the underlying variable.

Quote:
> > if UseVar=trueValue then UseVar=falseValue else UseVar=trueValue.
> > display(?UseVar)

--
Regards
R. Gathmann


Sat, 21 May 2005 10:53:52 GMT  
 
 [ 21 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages 

1. Read-Only CheckBoxes

2. Read-only CheckBoxes - Followup

3. Read-onyl CheckBoxes

4. Saving/reading checkbox states in prefs causes type mismatch

5. Solace Read-Only template for Radio Buttons and CheckBoxes

6. Potentially useful TreeView checkbox additions

7. list box and checkbox

8. Call a checkbox action in code

9. Storing the value of a checkbox ? and recall

10. redrawing and garbage around checkbox

11. Transparent CheckBoxes and RadioButtons

12. listbox checkboxes

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software