What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
Author Message
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!

As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I am
now
really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that have
never
had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly released
printers.

So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear that
CW apps will not
print without problems on:

Epson 660
Epson 760
HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I can no
longer create an
app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

Are clarion going to do something about this?

I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
time.

Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I have
no choice

I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

--
Michael Minter

ICQ #570633

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
Add the Tektronix Phaser series printers.

Adam

Quote:
>As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I am
>now
>really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that have
>never
>had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly released
>printers.

>So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear that
>CW apps will not
>print without problems on:

>Epson 660
>Epson 760
>HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

>This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I can no
>longer create an
>app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

>Are clarion going to do something about this?

>I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
>time.

>Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I have
>no choice

>I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

>--
>Michael Minter

>ICQ #570633

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!

Quote:

> Add the Tektronix Phaser series printers.

Mine works. I have a 740DP (although it is down right now).

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!

Hi Michael,

There always existed buggy device drivers (not only printer drivers). If the
software manufacturers had to include in their programs a workaround for every
device driver, there would be no single program on the market.
It is an obligation of the printer manufacturers to supply device drivers
working with every program, if that program uses the standard Windows API
calls.

If the driver have problems with a Clarion program, it will have problems with
other programs too. Word and Excel are not an indication, because it is almost
sure that the driver was tested with Word and Excel. But you can't find all
bugs by only testing with Word and Excel.

I have over 3000 customers with an enormous variety of printers, and over the
years they had an enormous variety of problems. I can responsibly tell you that
if they had a problem with my programs, they had problems with other programs
too. I may extend the list of the printers with buggy drivers with many models
of HP, Oki, Kyocera, you name it.

While waiting for a fix for the printer driver, the simple workaround is to use
the driver for an older model.

As a general rule, if you may choose between a Microsoft printer driver and a
native printer driver ... always prefer the Microsoft driver.

Best regards

Artin Nigohosian

Quote:

> As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I am
> now
> really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that have
> never
> had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly released
> printers.

> So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear that
> CW apps will not
> print without problems on:

> Epson 660
> Epson 760
> HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

> This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I can no
> longer create an
> app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

> Are clarion going to do something about this?

> I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
> time.

> Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I have
> no choice

> I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

> --
> Michael Minter

> ICQ #570633

  artin.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
Mine works in a 840P

Quote:
>Add the Tektronix Phaser series printers.

>Adam

>>As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I am
>>now
>>really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that have
>>never
>>had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly released
>>printers.

>>So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear that
>>CW apps will not
>>print without problems on:

>>Epson 660
>>Epson 760
>>HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

>>This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I can
no
>>longer create an
>>app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

>>Are clarion going to do something about this?

>>I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
>>time.

>>Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I have
>>no choice

>>I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

>>--
>>Michael Minter

>>ICQ #570633

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
Dont wait for TS reply. I will give it to you so that you dont waste your
time. You will get the fix only after 100 newer printer models are out. But
by then you will need to fix the problem with the newer printers. My
point is that TS will never catch up and frankly I dont even know if they
want to. They seem to be doing all the wrong things now. One thing is
clear. Large number of former TS loyals are deserting them now.

I hope I have answered your question. But its my opionion from what
I have seen about TS for the last 8 years.

San

Quote:
> As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I am
> now
> really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that have
> never
> had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly released
> printers.

> So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear that
> CW apps will not
> print without problems on:

> Epson 660
> Epson 760
> HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

> This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I can
no
> longer create an
> app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

> Are clarion going to do something about this?

> I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
> time.

> Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I have
> no choice

> I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

> --
> Michael Minter

> ICQ #570633

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
I have a HP 4050N - It works just fine with CW5ee programs.

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
If possible, try removing the "Paper"attribute from the report structure.  I
recently had several people with new printers unable to print a single
report while all the other reports worked fine.  The troublesome report was
the only report in the application with the "Paper" attribute set.

HTH,
Burton Page

Quote:
> As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I am
> now
> really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that have
> never
> had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly released
> printers.

> So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear that
> CW apps will not
> print without problems on:

> Epson 660
> Epson 760
> HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

> This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I can
no
> longer create an
> app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

> Are clarion going to do something about this?

> I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
> time.

> Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I have
> no choice

> I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

> --
> Michael Minter

> ICQ #570633

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
Dear Mike,

we have three 840 Phaser printing all day policies with application made
using Clarion 5.0b and we had no problem so far although the forms had to be
reformatted when we shift using the HP 4500N Color Laser Printer as our main
printing machine.
Regards

Quote:
> Add the Tektronix Phaser series printers.

> Adam

> >As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I am
> >now
> >really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that
have
> >never
> >had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly released
> >printers.

> >So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear
that
> >CW apps will not
> >print without problems on:

> >Epson 660
> >Epson 760
> >HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

> >This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I can
no
> >longer create an
> >app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

> >Are clarion going to do something about this?

> >I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
> >time.

> >Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I
have
> >no choice

> >I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

> >--
> >Michael Minter

> >ICQ #570633

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
I have a similar problem, with an Epson 660. The frustration is that it
worked in the beginning and now doesnt want to. I use the same version of
Clarion. I have also tried to change all spooling options etc of the driver
but nothing.

Quote:
> Dear Mike,

> we have three 840 Phaser printing all day policies with application made
> using Clarion 5.0b and we had no problem so far although the forms had to
be
> reformatted when we shift using the HP 4500N Color Laser Printer as our
main
> printing machine.
> Regards

> > Add the Tektronix Phaser series printers.

> > Adam

> > >As I have produced an app that is sold to a wide range of companies, I
am
> > >now
> > >really freaking out about the no. of posts complaining that apps that
> have
> > >never
> > >had printing problems are all of a sudden not printing on newly
released
> > >printers.

> > >So far on this newsgroup in the last couple of months it would appear
> that
> > >CW apps will not
> > >print without problems on:

> > >Epson 660
> > >Epson 760
> > >HP4050N (not sure if this is new or not.)

> > >This therefore means that after working with clarion for 10 years, I
can
> no
> > >longer create an
> > >app in CW because some people may not be able to print from it.

> > >Are clarion going to do something about this?

> > >I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all
this
> > >time.

> > >Basically if it is not fixed I shall have to use another product....I
> have
> > >no choice

> > >I can't tell the world not to buy Epson printers can I?

> > >--
> > >Michael Minter

> > >ICQ #570633

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What are topspeed going to do about this!!!
Michael,

Quote:
> Are clarion going to do something about this?

> I consider this the most serious clarion problem I have faced in all this
> time.

Have you also asked this question in one of the topspeed newsgroups on server
tsnews.clarion.com?  I could not find your name there.

This problem with some new printers has been discussed there in several
threads.  A work around that was provided there is to add jobnames to your
reports (change REPORT() into REPORT('Descriptive Name For The Report'))

The problem seems to be complicated because if Topspeed changes their printer
calls to match the incompatible printerdrivers, this will make Clarion
applications incompatible with quite a few current printer(driver)s.

HTH

Arie Rens (Advantage Software B.V.)
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
http://www.advantages.nl
TopSpeed Software Distributor

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. What am I doing wrong!

2. What am I doing wrong?

3. Stupid newb question: What am I doing wrong?

4. What am I doing Wrong

5. what am i doing wrong

6. Help - What am I doing wrong

7. Saving a Variable to a field in a record- what am i doing wrong

8. What am I doing wrong?

9. What am I doing wrong?

10. #CONTROL What am I doing wrong

11. What am i doing wrong.