Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit
Author Message
 Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit

Hello

I have a weird problem converting one application from 16 to 32 bit
using C5EEb.

It consist of one APP and another APP wit the filedefinitions.

When compiling both in 16, it works fine, but changing both to 32 and
compiling, it crashes with the following message:

.... Invalid or corrupt DLL (21)...

It first triggers 'Dr. Watson'

I have problems understanding that everything is ok in 16 but not in
32.

Any explanation/solution?

-
Best Regards

Rolf A. Olsen

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit
Rolf

Are we having similar problems?

See my posting: 'C5ee linker error' posted today.

--
Steve Ingle
C S Data Systems

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit
Hello Steve

We may have the same problem. I have also seen this "duplicate
symbol"- error.

Are you declaring variables in the DCT or in the APP?
I am starting wondering if it is my globals in the DCT which 'annoys'
me.

Rolf

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:42:01 +0100, "stephen ingle"

Quote:

>Rolf

>Are we having similar problems?

>See my posting: 'C5ee linker error' posted today.

>--
>Steve Ingle
>C S Data Systems
>CW4 / CW5 / VB6 / VC++ / Win9x / NT / Linux ;-}

-
Best Regards

Rolf A. Olsen

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit
Hi Rolf

I have tried declaring my globals both in the Dict and in the Globals dialog
of the app, but with no improvement.

I have also tried converting my app from the original CW2003 via the
AppConverter - still the same mess <vbg>

I am beginning to wonder if I should just recode the whole app in C5 and cut
and paste where necessary. But doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Also, I have seen similar postings in the TS newsgroup, complaining of the
same problems.

--
Steve Ingle
C S Data Systems

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit
 Hi Steve

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:52:00 +0100, "stephen ingle"

Quote:

>I have tried declaring my globals both in the Dict and in the Globals dialog
>of the app, but with no improvement.

>I have also tried converting my app from the original CW2003 via the
>AppConverter - still the same mess <vbg>

Mine is a little bit different. I am convering applications made with
C5EEb in 16 bit to 32 bit.

Can it be something with c5lpex.exe or c5clwx.exe?
I am frequently getting  error-reports with these files when trying to
compile.

Quote:

>I am beginning to wonder if I should just recode the whole app in C5 and cut

Rolf
-
Best Regards

Rolf A. Olsen

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem

2. Problem O2/2 warp 32bit cobol calling 16bit c

3. Going from 16bit to 32bit

4. 16bit to 32bit conversion

5. 32bit runtime errors - 16bit runs fim

6. 32bit vs 16bit

7. Detecting 16bit or 32bit OS

8. Help: 16bit or 32bit-dll

9. Clarion - 32bit application slower than 16bit

10. 32bit menu vs 16bit

11. SecWin 16bit & 32bit