No bind on variable (801)
Author Message
 No bind on variable (801)

Make sure that you don't have any embedded code in template (non-source)
generated procedures that do a RETURN instead of DO ProcedureReturn.
There's only one global Bind workspace and if you call a procedure that does
a PUSHDIR (which saves off the current workspace and clears it), but doesn't
do a corresponding POPDIR upon exit, then you'll get this.

Also, go to our website and check the downloads area for any updates for
your copy of CW2.  There are several and you might be behind a release or
two.

Regards,
Brett C. Cammack
TopSpeed Corporation

Certified Clarion Developer

Quote:

>I am having the message No bind on variable (801)randomly throughout a
>specific program written with C2. I did find on Icetips that this was a bug
>reported on 2/6/98 and fixed on 2/16/98. Any ideas would be GREATLY!
>appreciated!

>   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.*-*-*.com/ ****-
> Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)
Mark,

Quote:
>>I am having the message No bind on variable (801)randomly throughout

This is probably too obvious - but have you got the "file binding" box
checked in the dictionary file properties for the files concerned.

HTH,

Mike
--
*** SearchFlash - Search Templates  *** IMPEX import/export templates
*** CopyFlash - Copy templates **** BackFlash data backup module

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)
Hi Mike,
The latest version of the ABC template chain adds the BINDABLE attribute
to all files whether or not this is checked.

Quote:

> Mark,

> >>I am having the message No bind on variable (801)randomly throughout

> This is probably too obvious - but have you got the "file binding" box
> checked in the dictionary file properties for the files concerned.

> HTH,

> Mike
> --
> *** SearchFlash - Search Templates  *** IMPEX import/export templates
> *** CopyFlash - Copy templates **** BackFlash data backup module
> For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com

--
! Jim Katz
! Certified Clarion Developer

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)
Quote:
>>The latest version of the ABC template chain adds the BINDABLE attribute

to all files whether or not this is checked

Yes Jim - but I believe Mark is using CW2 - early versions of which did have
the 801 problem.

Mike

--
*** SearchFlash - Search Templates  *** IMPEX import/export templates
*** CopyFlash - Copy templates **** BackFlash data backup module
For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)

Quote:

> Mark,

> >>I am having the message No bind on variable (801)randomly throughout

> This is probably too obvious - but have you got the "file binding" box
> checked in the dictionary file properties for the files concerned.

> HTH,

> Mike
> --
> *** SearchFlash - Search Templates  *** IMPEX import/export templates
> *** CopyFlash - Copy templates **** BackFlash data backup module
> For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com

Hi Mike,
I am running C5PE with Clarion Templates.  Will checking off the "Enable
Field Binding" in the Dictionary for each file, eliminate the "Bind
error" I am getting sometimes when selecting a second Browse window from
within another Browse window?

Is there any downside to always checking this property?

Thanks,
Ralph Bishop

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)
Ralph,

Quote:
>>Is there any downside to always checking this property?

None that I know of.  But your problem might be because you have placed a
field or globa;/local variable on the browse, outside of the list, and not
included it as a Hot Field in the browse template.  Adding a variable to the
list of hot fields also allows you to bind it.

HTH,

Mike
--
*** SearchFlash - Search Templates  *** IMPEX import/export templates
*** CopyFlash - Copy templates **** BackFlash data backup module
For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)

Quote:
>Make sure that you don't have any embedded code in template
(non-source)
>generated procedures that do a RETURN instead of DO ProcedureReturn.
>There's only one global Bind workspace and if you call a procedure that
does
>a PUSHDIR (which saves off the current workspace and clears it), but
doesn't
>do a corresponding POPDIR upon exit, then you'll get this.

Hi Mark

The above should be PUSHBIND and POPBIND.

Something else to check for:
If you are using the Source procedure, make sure that the first
statement after CODE is PUSHBIND; and the last statement before RETURN
is POPBIND.

Regards
Malcolm Collett
------------------------------
mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
==============================

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)
Mark,

Quote:
>I am having the message No bind on variable (801)randomly throughout
>specific program written with C2. I did find on Icetips that this was
a bug
>reported on 2/6/98 and fixed on 2/16/98. Any ideas would be GREATLY!
>appreciated!

This is a stab in the dark, but since you specified that it was a
random occurance, I have to ask: Is the Window in question MAXIMIZED
to the frame? I have experienced exactly your symptoms in various
programs when a Browse or Form window gets beyond a certain level of
complexity. The browse will be MAXIMIZED to the Frame. I go to another
Browse from the menu, or ALT-TAB to another program, and when I come
back to the Maximized Browse it shows a BIND error or a File Not Open
error. The only fix I know is to not allow MAXIMIZE on the Browse. The
reason for the error is not known (by me, at least).

As I said, this is just a stab in the dark. Hope it helps.

Jim

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)
Great golly Moses!  I am becoming a veg.  <g> Thanks for the catch.

--
Brett C. Cammack
TopSpeed Corporation

Certified Clarion Developer

Quote:

>Hi Mark

>The above should be PUSHBIND and POPBIND.

>Something else to check for:
>If you are using the Source procedure, make sure that the first
>statement after CODE is PUSHBIND; and the last statement before RETURN
>is POPBIND.

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable (801)

Quote:

> Mark,

> >I am having the message No bind on variable (801)randomly throughout
> >specific program written with C2. I did find on Icetips that this was
> a bug
> >reported on 2/6/98 and fixed on 2/16/98. Any ideas would be GREATLY!
> >appreciated!

> This is a stab in the dark, but since you specified that it was a
> random occurance, I have to ask: Is the Window in question MAXIMIZED
> to the frame? I have experienced exactly your symptoms in various
> programs when a Browse or Form window gets beyond a certain level of
> complexity. The browse will be MAXIMIZED to the Frame. I go to another
> Browse from the menu, or ALT-TAB to another program, and when I come
> back to the Maximized Browse it shows a BIND error or a File Not Open
> error. The only fix I know is to not allow MAXIMIZE on the Browse. The
> reason for the error is not known (by me, at least).

> As I said, this is just a stab in the dark. Hope it helps.

> Jim

Hi Jim,
I am also having random Bind errors on complex browses and forms.  I
have tried several fixes but still get them.  It is a pain for my
customers (I tell them "no problem" just select OK until the problem
goes away, but they expect me to prevent errors).

The suggestion of using POPBIND and PUSHBIND is helpful but a pain in
the next to put these everywhere a browse or form is called.

I am also trying the suggestion of turning on the property in the
dictionary for each file called "Enable Field Binding".

When I get the error, the window was not maximized so for my errors,
that was not the cause.

If anyone else has any suggestions, they would be appreciated.

Ralph Bishop

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

2. Error: (No Bind on variable(801))

3. Error No Bind on variable 801

4. Help - No BIND on Variable(801)

5. No BIND on variable (801 error

6. File not open (37) and No Bind on variable (801)errors

7. NO BIND on variable 801

8. No Bind on variable (801)

9. No BIND on variable 801 - using CFW 2003

10. ERROR message No Bind on variable(801)

11. ERROR message No Bind on variable(801)

12. No Bind Variable (801)