CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header
Author Message
 CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

I am using CW5.  In my report, the first couple of lines of the first group of
detail prints over the last part of my header.  They seem to overlap although
one is my header group and the other is my detail group.  Any idea what is
happening and how to solve? Thanks!

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header
Go into the report editor and select View->Page Layout View and adjust
the page header and detail areas to not overlap.

Al

Quote:

> I am using CW5.  In my report, the first couple of lines of the first group of
> detail prints over the last part of my header.  They seem to overlap although
> one is my header group and the other is my detail group.  Any idea what is
> happening and how to solve? Thanks!

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header
When I do that, I don't see separate areas that can be adjusted - just an
empty, dark blue box that can be selected, and under that, the page number.  At
the bottom of the window the message is "header". Any idea what is going on?

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

Quote:
>When I do that, I don't see separate areas that can be adjusted - just an
>empty, dark blue box that can be selected, and under that, the page number.  At
>the bottom of the window the message is "header". Any idea what is going on?

If you press the Tab key it will jump to the "detail" and again to the
"footer" and again to the "page form".

I usually have to click the mouse back and forth between the two areas
I'm interested in to see if they're overlapping or how my adjustment
worked.

Regards,
Brett C. Cammack

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

Quote:
> I am using CW5.  In my report, the first couple of lines of the first
group of
> detail prints over the last part of my header.  They seem to overlap
although
> one is my header group and the other is my detail group.  Any idea what is
> happening and how to solve? Thanks!

In Edit -> Properties you define the position of the detailband
So, if your header starts printing 1" from the top and is 1" high,
you must set the start of the detail-band to 2"

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. report problems -counter on group header

2. Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records

3. Reports: Detail Header on each page

4. header/detail lines in CW report

5. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

6. HURRY - CW4 external Report Writer (TXR) and 2 detail on 1 report

7. No Header on first page of report

8. CW4B: Break group in reports eat detail lines

9. Group Headers In Reports

10. Report Group Headers, Footers & Page Breaks

11. Group Headers in Reports (CW2.003)

12. embed points in report group headers and footers