Blank selection in drop-down list
Author Message
 Blank selection in drop-down list

Hi,
I have an update form for the patients file. One of the fields in patients
file is the "Doctor name" which it's values is coming from the doctors file.
The field "doctor name" in the update form of the patients file is shown as
a drop-down list.
The problem is that I can't have not selected the field "doctor name" in the
drop-down.
When I add a new record in patients file, I can have the drop-down blank but
if I choose once something from the drop-down list, all the other times
(modify or delete) don't let me have it blank (not selected).
The only solution I came up is to put a blank record in the doctors file,
and let the drop-down list "default to{*filter*}entry if USE variable is empty"
but I don't like it very much.....

Thanks in advance
Stafylidis Vladimiros

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Blank selection in drop-down list
I know the trick if you're using the legacy templates.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have an update form for the patients file. One of the fields in patients
> file is the "Doctor name" which it's values is coming from the doctors
file.
> The field "doctor name" in the update form of the patients file is shown
as
> a drop-down list.
> The problem is that I can't have not selected the field "doctor name" in
the
> drop-down.
> When I add a new record in patients file, I can have the drop-down blank
but
> if I choose once something from the drop-down list, all the other times
> (modify or delete) don't let me have it blank (not selected).
> The only solution I came up is to put a blank record in the doctors file,
> and let the drop-down list "default to{*filter*}entry if USE variable is
empty"
> but I don't like it very much.....

> Thanks in advance
> Stafylidis Vladimiros

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Blank selection in drop-down list
Hi Bob

I certainly would like to know the trick.

Steffen

Quote:
> I know the trick if you're using the legacy templates.

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help ... Coding DROP DOWN LISTS / MULTI SELECTIONS ALSO

2. LIST BOX AND DROP DOWN LIST BOX

3. Auto drop down selection

4. Multiple Drop List Selection

5. Problem refreshing drop down lists

6. EIP drop down list box

7. Contents of drop-down-list dissappeaers

8. Drop down list box refresh problem

9. Drop Down List Box - don't show an initial value

10. Incremental search in drop down list box?

11. Drop down list question

12. drop down list box bug?????????????????