Archive(Backup) and Delete.
Author Message
 Archive(Backup) and Delete.

My Data is growing too large, and slows down my app. and reports.

I would like to know if there is a way to backup and delete (Cascading)
certain records greater than lets say 3 years old.

I would like to create a new archive file, write records, and then remove.

I could create another app just to view archive data... so no need to ever
import these records back in.

Thanks,

Angelo

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Archive(Backup) and Delete.
Hi Angelo

 This isn a problem create another Database for Backup your records older
then 3 years and if user want to look at them call that file.

Regards Robert Stanic

Quote:

>My Data is growing too large, and slows down my app. and reports.

>I would like to know if there is a way to backup and delete (Cascading)
>certain records greater than lets say 3 years old.

>I would like to create a new archive file, write records, and then remove.

>I could create another app just to view archive data... so no need to ever
>import these records back in.

>Thanks,

>Angelo

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Whe archive backup file create from browde database

2. Archive/Backup

3. deleting a backup

4. Wanted: Verilog Archive parts for new archive!!

5. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

6. Deleted procs not deleted???

7. Delete all files in Dir or delete Dir

8. Keyboard Delete button to delete row in array

9. bug(?): menu delete operation always deletes at least one entry

10. delete or not to delete

11. Backups

12. Precautions reqd for System-Volume Backup