C5EE - Edit in place - errors & Icons
Author Message
 C5EE - Edit in place - errors & Icons

Hi

I have a question & a problem :

In a browse box, one of the fields is displayed as an icon (on - off
situation) . Therefore I use 2 icons. Is there a way to use edit in place to
change the value of the field by just clicking on it or something like that
?
When I use icons, the value of the field is always shown. So I change the
foreground color to White - Navy to mask the data. Is there another elegant
way ?

When I use a multidimensioned field with edit in place I get compiler errors
:

data section

EditInPlace::REG:Naam EditEntryClass ! Edit-in-place class for field
REG:Naam
EditInPlace::REG:Dag[1] EditEntryClass ! Edit-in-place class for field
REG:Dag[1]   <--- error line
EditInPlace::REG:Dag[2] EditEntryClass ! Edit-in-place class for field
REG:Dag[2]   <--- error line
EditInPlace::REG:Dag[3] EditEntryClass ! Edit-in-place class for field
REG:Dag[3]   <--- error line
(I believe the [1] should be something like _1 instead ???)

--Expected: <ID> & Application CLASS FILE GROUP ITEMIZE QUUEUE REPORT TABLE
VIEW WINDOW
-- Warning: Label duplicated, second used: EDITINPLACE::REG:DAG

These errors for every edit in place field with dimensions

And in the generated code :

  BRW1.AddEditControl(EditInPlace::REG:Regime,1)
  BRW1.AddEditControl(EditInPlace::REG:Naam,2)
  BRW1.AddEditControl(EditInPlace::REG:Dag[1],3)   <--- error line
  BRW1.AddEditControl(EditInPlace::REG:Dag[2],4)   <--- error line
  BRW1.AddEditControl(EditInPlace::REG:Dag[3],5)   <--- error line

Generated error : No matching prototype available

Any idea how to solve ??
Thanks in advance

Hans Vinckier

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Edit in place on a dimensioned field gives compiler error (ABC templates C5EE)

2. C5EE - Edit in place corrupts Window Caption!

3. C5EE Edit in Place

4. place control in edit in place

5. Edit in Place Assertion error

6. Help with compiler error when confirguring In Place edit

7. Error with edit in place

8. Generator Error: Unable to find edit-in-place field in list box

9. Edit drop list Edit in place - problem

10. Case not affecting Edit In Place (C5EE & ABC)

11. Edit in Place- Combo Box

12. Edit in place