TCP/IP & Clarion
Author Message
 TCP/IP & Clarion

I need to establish a network connection to the remote
computer through the TCP/IP protocol.
My understanding is that I can use winsock.dll for these purposes, so
I'm looking for the Clarion interface to it.
TIA
Leonid Chudakov

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/IP & Clarion

We are just completing a DLL written in C++ that interfaces with
Winsock 1.1 or version 2.0. This DLL builds upon the basic
capabilities of Winsock. It can behave as either a server, client or
both and was specifically designed to act as a transport layer across
either an intranet or internet. We have also created the Clarion
interface to our C++ DLL. We are using this system to package and
transport data of any nature across the internet from Clarion program
to Clarion program.

We are just completing load testing and documentation. Currently it is
only in 32-bit.

Although I'm sure there are many DLLs, OCX, etc that also perform this
function, we felt we needed to develop ours from the ground up to
support our encryption methods and to ensure nomatter what we can get
our system working.

If there is anything we can do to help let me know.

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:28:25 -0500, Leonid Chudakov

Quote:

>I need to establish a network connection to the remote
>computer through the TCP/IP protocol.
>My understanding is that I can use winsock.dll for these purposes, so
>I'm looking for the Clarion interface to it.
>TIA
>Leonid Chudakov

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/IP & Clarion

Hi there,
What protocol do you wish to use???  If it's a simple socket  interface
you're trying to write then just use WINSOCK itself.  If you need a
particular protocol - i.e RPC or FTP or TELNET etc.   then  save yourself
hours (and grey hair) by  using one of the commercial TCP/IP dev
librarires.  I use FTP Inc's OnNet Developer's Toolkit - it's great!

Ron Webb
Point ot Point Solutions
Communications - anywhere, anyplace, anyhow!

Quote:
> I need to establish a network connection to the remote
> computer through the TCP/IP protocol.
> My understanding is that I can use winsock.dll for these purposes, so
> I'm looking for the Clarion interface to it.
> TIA
> Leonid Chudakov

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCP/IP, TN3270 & APL/370

2. Double buffering & tcp/ip

3. TCP/IP server & client in CW2xxxx

4. Interest in TCP/Ip Server & Client

5. TCP/IP Instrument & Socket Classes in VISA

6. This Forth & Linux TCP/IP

7. dbase IV & tcp/ip

8. Wanted: TCP/IP in ADA (code & advice)

9. MF COBOL & TCP/IP

10. DNS & other TCP/IP-servers

11. ENVY/Manager & MS TCP/IP

12. does anyone have an example of a c++ TCP/IP client that works with labview TCP?IP server ??