Wrong record highlighted
Author Message
 Wrong record highlighted

Hi everyone,

I have a window that accesses four files.  One of the files is accessed
on three different tabs (each tab uses a different filter).  There is
only one set of update buttons, referring to the same file that is
accessed on the three tabs.  The trouble is, after returning from the
update form (add or change) the highlighter bar jumps to the last record

in the browse, rather than the record that was just added or changed.
Sounds like this should be an easy fix, but I can't figure it out.  I'm
using C4 (legacy).  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Leroy Schulz

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wrong record highlighted
Leroy:
   I thought I answered this one before, but the web was acting funny
yesterday, so here it goes again.
   You need to use file aliases for two of the three tabs using the
same file for the browses. That way the system keeps separate buffers
and pointers for the 'aliases' as opposed to the same file.
   In order to do this, you need to use the dictionary editor and
create at least two 'aliases' for the file. Then go back to your
app and use one alias per 'browse' or 'tab'.

Hope it helps.

Ygnacio Moreno.

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> I have a window that accesses four files.  One of the files is
accessed
> on three different tabs (each tab uses a different filter).  There is
> only one set of update buttons, referring to the same file that is
> accessed on the three tabs.  The trouble is, after returning from the
> update form (add or change) the highlighter bar jumps to the last
record

> in the browse, rather than the record that was just added or changed.
> Sounds like this should be an easy fix, but I can't figure it out.
I'm
> using C4 (legacy).  Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Leroy Schulz

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wrong record highlighted
Hi Leroy

Dave posted this the other day: In the ?CurrentTab Accepted event place the
command POST(EVENT:ScrollTop).

Steffen

Mon, 02 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wrong record highlighted
Hi, Leroy

Maybe 'comp.lang.clarion' folks can help you if you describe your
problem more thoroughly, let's say:

Quote:
> I have a window that accesses four files.  One of the files is accessed
> on three different tabs (each tab uses a different filter).

Are those three tabs 'inside' the same sheet control or not? That means,
is there only one browsebox, positioned 'over' the sheet control with
three tabs in it? (BTW, this is exactly the way that Clarion Browse
templates [ABC or legacy] generate Browse Procedure with multiple key
ordering). I suppose that it IS true, because later in your post you
stated:

Quote:
> There is
> only one set of update buttons, referring to the same file that is
> accessed on the three tabs.

.
If so, that should mean that there's only one browse box for the file
(and no need for aliases, see other replies to your post).

For such an arrangement Clarion 4 itself (at least, in my own
experience) manages correct browse higliht position after
Inserts/Updates/Deletes in different tabs (i.e. tabs with different
conditional behaviour for browsebox specified), provided that:

- Conditional behavior for tabs with different key/range/filter is set
PROPERLY (first verify this);
- No embedded code is altering default Browse Template's operation. If
this is the case, then (needless to say) check your embedded code.
- Inserted/Updated record is not "out of filter", meaning that it does
not satisfy filtering condition for the tab. What Clarion does in that
case I'm not quite sure.

HTH and pls. let me know whether you solved it or not.

Zoran

Clarion 4, Legacy Templates

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Wrong record highlighted
Hi Zoran,

Thanks for your answer.  I didn't want to flood my original message with too
much detail -- but I guess I erred on the side of too little, so here goes.
The screen I'm having problems with is the main screen of an order/invoicing
program.  To help you visualize what I'm doing, I'll describe the screen:  I
have one sheet control set up, with four tabs, each of which have several
browse boxes on them as follows:

Tab #1 (Pending Orders):  2 Browses
* Customer file browse
* Pending file browse (range limit to customer, no filter)

Tab #2 (Invoice Summary):  3 Browses
* Customer file browse
* Invoice header file browse (range limit to customer, no filter)
* Invoice detail file browse (range limit to invoice header, no filter)

Tab #3 (Shippable Summary):  3 Browses
* Customer file browse
* Pending file browse (range limit to customer, filtered to show shippable
only)
* Pending file browse (range limit to customer, filtered to show
non-shibbable only)

Tab #4 (Backorder Summary):  2 Browses
* Customer file browse
* Pending file browse (range limit to customer, filtered to show backordered
items only)

I've specified the customer file browse control to rest in the window (though
it appears on each tab, I have NOT duplicated the customer browse four
times.)  The customer file browse has update buttons that are working
properly.  The only other update buttons on this screen are in Tab #1, for
the pending file browse.  Everything works as expected, except that when a
pending item (Tab #1) is changed or added, the highlight bar does NOT select
the just-added or just-changed record, it seems to prefer jumping to the
first record of the pending browse page.

FYI, the pending file is usually small (3000-5000 records), the customer file
~300.  The invoice header file has ~10,000 records, the invoice detail file
~200,000.  I'm running this on Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP6a), with three other
Win 98 machines.

Two issues on this screen:
1)  The highlight bar jumping to the wrong record is very annoying.
2)  Speed is terrible.  On the slowest computer (Pentium 100), returning from
the update form to tab #1 takes about 15 seconds, rending the screen useless
for taking orders over the phone.

Any suggestions you could offer on either of these issues would be very
appreciated!

Thanks,
Leroy Schulz

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. C4b ABC - Find and highlight a certain record in a child browse

2. Highlighted record

3. Moving a browse highlight bar to a record

4. Starting browse highlighting the last record

5. Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse

6. Highlight record on list with QUEUE

7. Grabbing Highlighted Record from Browse

8. C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

9. Highlight first record on the browse

10. highlighted record

11. Set highlighted record to top of browse box after locate

12. TBrowse - highlight current record