Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k 
Author Message
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k

Hi,

 It there anyway to run 3009 in win2k? I keep getting xtrace upon starting
the program.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:02:37 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
You might need the DOS extender. Also, 3.1 was a lot more stable that 3009


Quote:
> Hi,

>  It there anyway to run 3009 in win2k? I keep getting xtrace upon starting
> the program.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:12:25 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
Thanks for the fast response.

I'm trying to recompile an app that was last compiled in 3009 so it has to
be 3009.

I'm not sure I follow the dos extender comment. The problem is I can't start
cdd.bat to compile the program.


Quote:
> You might need the DOS extender. Also, 3.1 was a lot more stable that 3009



> > Hi,

> >  It there anyway to run 3009 in win2k? I keep getting xtrace upon
starting
> > the program.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:13:00 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
I can run 3102 in w2k sp1. It's painfully small and exiting an
app often blows up but it does run.

My w98 machine is out for repair and, when it comes back,
my sister-in-law isn't getting it.

--

Steve Parker
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]

-------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/thefaqs.exe.0
Download center: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0
--------------------------------------------------------------


Quote:
> Hi,

>  It there anyway to run 3009 in win2k? I keep getting xtrace upon starting
> the program.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:13:20 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
Thanks for the info. Did you have to tinker with any settings to get it to
work?


Quote:
> I can run 3102 in w2k sp1. It's painfully small and exiting an
> app often blows up but it does run.

> My w98 machine is out for repair and, when it comes back,
> my sister-in-law isn't getting it.

> --

> Steve Parker
> [Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]

> -------------------------------------------------------------
> Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/thefaqs.exe.0
> Download center: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0
> --------------------------------------------------------------



> > Hi,

> >  It there anyway to run 3009 in win2k? I keep getting xtrace upon
starting
> > the program.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 03:16:17 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
I could compile but, as I found out after I posted, if I edited an
embed ... instant abort.

I tried "start/separate cdd.bat" and that allowed me to edit and
save.

I set the DOS box for maximized and full window and 80X25 in
both places. That's it. But, as I am still having to support a DOS
app for several more years, I really am regretting having purchased
this w2k machine.

Steve Parker
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]

-------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/thefaqs.exe.0
Download center: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0
--------------------------------------------------------------


Quote:
> Thanks for the info. Did you have to tinker with any settings to get it to
> work?



> > I can run 3102 in w2k sp1. It's painfully small and exiting an
> > app often blows up but it does run.

> > My w98 machine is out for repair and, when it comes back,
> > my sister-in-law isn't getting it.

> > --

> > Steve Parker
> > [Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]

> > -------------------------------------------------------------
> > Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/thefaqs.exe.0
> > Download center: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0
> > --------------------------------------------------------------



> > > Hi,

> > >  It there anyway to run 3009 in win2k? I keep getting xtrace upon
> starting
> > > the program.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 03:35:02 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
you mean i could have kept making dos program, oh please, that would have
been just great.

oh those were the days.

steve



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 04:05:06 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
Hi.

I have a PIII-800 on Win2k and I've found its simply too fast, and
3009 always crashes when compiling. It can generate code fine, and
edit embeds, but as soon as you come to compile it, it crashes.

I had to use an old win95 machine for that job.

Quote:
>I'm trying to recompile an app that was last compiled in 3009 so it has to
>be 3009.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 04:57:08 GMT  
 Clarion for dos 3009 & win 2k
CFD 3102 works fine on my win2k sp1.  The only settings I had to change was
the config.nt file in system32.  I had to increase the number of files.

HTH


Quote:
> Hi,

>  It there anyway to run 3009 in win2k? I keep getting xtrace upon starting
> the program.



Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:55:40 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Clarion for DOS 3009 or 3102

2. Win 2k and clarion dos ctrl-esc key

3. CDD 3009 with GUI running on WIN95 dos box - Using BEEP or dataentry ERROR - HUNG WIN95

4. Dos App running on Win 2K

5. Win ME & DOS Clarion 2.1

6. Converting from DOS Clarion 2.1 to Clarion for Win - Questions

7. Win95 and CPD 2.108 and or CDD 3009

8. 3009 and Pentium II

9. CFD 3009 - Debugging problem

10. CDD 3009 app printing under Windows 95

11. *** COPIED FROM: >>>Usenet/comp.arch.embe 3009 lfoss@cix.comp(1712)13Nov95 21:47

12. Converting to Win Clarion V5 from DOS version

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software