32-bit System Debugger
Author Message
 32-bit System Debugger

Hi,
        Does anyone have any experience using the 32-bit de{*filter*} as the
system de{*filter*}? We have a program that is GPF'ing at night, and
haven't been able to locate the source. According to the De{*filter*}
documentation we can set the de{*filter*} as the system de{*filter*} and
when a program crashes it will automatically start the de{*filter*},
so that we can see where it happened. Does this work? Does it do
it for all programs or only Clarion ones? TIA for any help

Gary Hines
Welcome America!

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 32-bit System Debugger
Gary,

Whether it works depends on what day of the week it is.
For me, using NT4 SP5, it does fire when the program crashes, but is unable
to actually connect to the application that crashed.  It mey be a NT
security thing, I haven't worked it out yet.  It will fire for non-clarion
programs, but isn't actually much use unless you're an assembler expert -
the de{*filter*} doesn't have debug info for non-CW apps, so you end up staring
at a screenful of assembler.  Haven't tried it under Win9x recently, but it
should work OK, just because Win9x doesn't have the security settings that
NT does.

HTH
Paul

Quote:

>Hi,
> Does anyone have any experience using the 32-bit de{*filter*} as the
>system de{*filter*}? We have a program that is GPF'ing at night, and
>haven't been able to locate the source. According to the De{*filter*}
>documentation we can set the de{*filter*} as the system de{*filter*} and
>when a program crashes it will automatically start the de{*filter*},
>so that we can see where it happened. Does this work? Does it do
>it for all programs or only Clarion ones? TIA for any help

>Gary Hines
>Welcome America!

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Division 32-Bit/32-Bit with 16-Bit Register

2. Building 32 bit DLL from 32 bit EXE

3. 32 Bit ASM from 32 Bit Windows COBOL

4. 32 Bit ASM from 32 Bit Windows COBOL

5. Calling 32-bit FORTRAN dlls from 32-bit VB

6. top 32 bits of 64-bit product of two 32-bit integers

7. 32-bit ST/V outruns 32-bit ST80 on Intel

8. 32 Bit Debugger

9. How do I view a table's contents from the debugger?(V55ee, 32-bit)

10. Beginning Debugger Blues (V55ee, 32-bit)

11. 32-bit Debugger getting page faults.

12. 32 Bit Debugger