Error No Bind on variable 801
Author Message
 Error No Bind on variable 801

I have a browse that is issuing the following error.
"error: (No BIND on variable (801)) attempting to open current VIEW.Filter
and range limits ignored."

The browse does not have a limit or filter. but it still gives this error. I
know that this error usually accompanies a browse that has an unbound
variable used as a filter but, this one has none.

Can any one please tell me how I can find the offending variable.

Angel

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:49:26 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
Is the error message sporatic?

If it is, it may be related to Clarion's threading issue.  I had a deployed
app that would report this error message at random intervals.  I recently
added Capesoft's Messagebox template, recompiled, and no more such messages.

[L]

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:46:58 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
Check your hot field list to make sure there are no empty records in there.
If the highlight bar is showing but there is no variable then you have an
empty record. This will cause the error you are getting.

Ed Campbell

Quote:
> I have a browse that is issuing the following error.
> "error: (No BIND on variable (801)) attempting to open current VIEW.Filter
> and range limits ignored."

> The browse does not have a limit or filter. but it still gives this error.
> know that this error usually accompanies a browse that has an unbound
> variable used as a filter but, this one has none.

> Can any one please tell me how I can find the offending variable.

> Angel

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:01:31 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
Yes it is sporadic? How does using capesoft messagebox template fix this
problem?

Quote:
> Is the error message sporatic?

> If it is, it may be related to Clarion's threading issue.  I had a
deployed
> app that would report this error message at random intervals.  I recently
> added Capesoft's Messagebox template, recompiled, and no more such
messages.

> [L]

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:11:01 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
No hot fields problem is sporadic?

Quote:
> Check your hot field list to make sure there are no empty records in
there.
> If the highlight bar is showing but there is no variable then you have an
> empty record. This will cause the error you are getting.

> Ed Campbell

> > I have a browse that is issuing the following error.
> > "error: (No BIND on variable (801)) attempting to open current
VIEW.Filter
> > and range limits ignored."

> > The browse does not have a limit or filter. but it still gives this
error.
> > know that this error usually accompanies a browse that has an unbound
> > variable used as a filter but, this one has none.

> > Can any one please tell me how I can find the offending variable.

> > Angel

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:11:43 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
No, I recall that empty records in Hot fields list raises a compilation
error, not a runtime error

Quote:
> No hot fields problem is sporadic?

> > Check your hot field list to make sure there are no empty records in
> there.
> > If the highlight bar is showing but there is no variable then you have
an
> > empty record. This will cause the error you are getting.

> > Ed Campbell

> > > I have a browse that is issuing the following error.
> > > "error: (No BIND on variable (801)) attempting to open current
> VIEW.Filter
> > > and range limits ignored."

> > > The browse does not have a limit or filter. but it still gives this
> error.
> > > know that this error usually accompanies a browse that has an unbound
> > > variable used as a filter but, this one has none.

> > > Can any one please tell me how I can find the offending variable.

> > > Angel

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:09:07 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
Best check with Capesoft about this (www.capesoft.com).  I'm not a fan of
the misspeak.  <g>

[L]

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:54:09 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
Angel,

MessageBox does not "fix" the problem per se. It merely avoids some of the
cases where threading is an issue in the C5.5 RTL (Run Time Library). There
seems to be a problem with C5.5's message() function in the RTL, so by using
our MessageBox, the calls to the RTL are avoided - thus avoiding MOST (not
all) of the threading issues.

Please note - we did not create MessageBox to solve this problem, it was to
add features to your program, but as a spin-off it has solved the issue
where the message() function from the RTL is creating thread related errors.

We do not have a trial/freeware version, however if you are unhappy with the
results after you have purchased MessageBox, we will gladly refund you.

There's a thread on this very issue on the thirdparty NG
(TopSpeed.Topic.Third_Party) at this moment.

To read up more on MessageBox - www.capesoft.com\accessories\mesboxsp.htm

HTH
--
Geoff (at Capesoft)

PS - All viewpoints regarding Capesoft Products are attempted to be as
unbiased as possible, but there're no guarantees :)

Tel: +27 21 705 8584
Fax: +27 21 705 8587

Website: www.capesoft.com

Quote:
> Yes it is sporadic? How does using capesoft messagebox template fix this
> problem?

> > Is the error message sporatic?

> > If it is, it may be related to Clarion's threading issue.  I had a
> deployed
> > app that would report this error message at random intervals.  I
recently
> > added Capesoft's Messagebox template, recompiled, and no more such
> messages.

> > [L]

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:29:42 GMT
 Error No Bind on variable 801
Hi Angel!

Quote:
> The browse does not have a limit or filter. but it still gives this error. I
> know that this error usually accompanies a browse that has an unbound
> variable used as a filter but, this one has none.

The same message appears if you have additional sort order(s) defined
for your browse in 'Actions'. If you do have, and some of variables
(database fields, locals, globals) participating in sort order(s) are
_not_ already included in the browse view, make them all 'Hot' fields.

HTH

Zoran

Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:42:28 GMT

1. Error: (No Bind on variable(801))

2. No BIND on variable (801 error

3. File not open (37) and No Bind on variable (801)errors

4. ERROR message No Bind on variable(801)

5. ERROR message No Bind on variable(801)

6. Error 801: No Bind On Variable when using Clarion Report Writer for Windows

7. No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

8. No bind on variable (801)

9. Help - No BIND on Variable(801)

10. NO BIND on variable 801

11. No Bind on variable (801)

12. No BIND on variable 801 - using CFW 2003