ABC Virtual/Non and Local Embeds
Author Message
 ABC Virtual/Non and Local Embeds

There are several methods in the BrowseClass that do not have the
VIRTUAL attribute. These methods are derived when the local
procedure's embed point(s) have been used. Call me thick-headed but I
cannot see how these embed points will be useful for executing code.
It appears that these methods are only called from the base classes
and therefor will not call down to these embed points. Local
procedures whose methods have the VIRTUAL attribute appear to execute
the embed code as expected. ResetSort() works as expected,
ApplyFilter() does not.

How is this approach intended to be used?
How do we embed into these derived methods without a VIRTUAL
attribute?

Thanks,
Steve

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Virtual/Non and Local Embeds

Hi Steve,
There are some 'bugs' in the class prototypes, where certain virtual procedures
are missing the 'virtual' attribute. ResetFromAsk is one that I know of of, it
seems ApplyFilter maybe one as well. I will forward this post it to the Topspeed
forum.

Quote:

--
Jim Katz
CTO iTradeZone,Inc.

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Virtual/Non and Local Embeds

It appears so, DAB confirmed this as well.

Steve

Quote:

>Hi Steve,
>There are some 'bugs' in the class prototypes, where certain virtual procedures
>are missing the 'virtual' attribute. ResetFromAsk is one that I know of of, it
>seems ApplyFilter maybe one as well. I will forward this post it to the Topspeed
>forum.

>> There are several methods in the BrowseClass that do not have the
>> VIRTUAL attribute. These methods are derived when the local
>> procedure's embed point(s) have been used. Call me thick-headed but I
>> cannot see how these embed points will be useful for executing code.
>> It appears that these methods are only called from the base classes
>> and therefor will not call down to these embed points. Local
>> procedures whose methods have the VIRTUAL attribute appear to execute
>> the embed code as expected. ResetSort() works as expected,
>> ApplyFilter() does not.

>> How is this approach intended to be used?
>> How do we embed into these derived methods without a VIRTUAL
>> attribute?

>> Thanks,
>> Steve

>--
>Jim Katz
>CTO iTradeZone,Inc.
>http://www.iag.net/~jimkatz/
>Using Clarion for Windows
>Always looking for the simpler solution.

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. virtual method call faster that non-virtual method?

2. Embedding - Local dictionaries for local scripts

3. Debuggin embedded python: building device drivers for an embedded python virtual machine

4. ABC-embed for legacy embed: Validate Record: Filter Checking

5. Local procedure on ABC

6. Wierd problem when calling function ABC as: [ABC] *or* eval ABC

7. non relational lookup with abc

8. File Manager 2 limits And CFW4b (non-ABC)

9. Help with trouble autoincrementing non-ABC

10. Names of non-local objects

11. Trivial non-local-returns efficiency question

12. Names of non-local objects