Could someone help with a very simple thing?
Author Message
 Could someone help with a very simple thing?

Could someone help with what I'm sure is a very simple thing?

After I update a local field on the screen, what command do I use to
refresh the browse boxes on the screen? When the local field changes,
the target for a filter on the browse box changes so it must be
refreshed.

Thank you

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Could someone help with a very simple thing?

Are you using C4?  Are you doing inline editing or normal update form?

Quote:
>Could someone help with what I'm sure is a very simple thing?

>After I update a local field on the screen, what command do I use to
>refresh the browse boxes on the screen? When the local field changes,
>the target for a filter on the browse box changes so it must be
>refreshed.

>Thank you

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Could someone help with a very simple thing?

Are you using C4?  Are you doing inline editing or normal update form?

I am using C4 with ABC Temps. I am not updating any info in the
browse.
I have a local field that can be switched to Active | Inactive. In my
browse I have a field that displays Active | Inactive. Upon opening
the window, the local is set to Active and the browse filter to only
show Active salespersons. When the user changes the local to Inactive,
the filter changes but I don't know how to refresh the browse box to
show the new values (filtered data). In DOS version you would just
write
DO RefreshPage and let the refresh routine do the work. I don't know
the command or procedure for this in C4 ABC.

Thanks again

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:44:50 -0800, "Robert Johnson"

Quote:

>Are you using C4?  Are you doing inline editing or normal update form?

>>Could someone help with what I'm sure is a very simple thing?

>>After I update a local field on the screen, what command do I use to
>>refresh the browse boxes on the screen? When the local field changes,
>>the target for a filter on the browse box changes so it must be
>>refreshed.

>>Thank you

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Could someone help with a very simple thing?

>After I update a local field on the screen, what command do I use to
>refresh the browse boxes on the screen? When the local field changes,
>the target for a filter on the browse box changes so it must be
>refreshed.

Using Clarion templates:

 Do BRW1::RefreshPage

Using ABC templates
 BRW1.ResetSort(1)

In both cases the number after the "BRW" is the sequence number of the
browse control template.  You can find it in the window source ([...]
next to the [Window] button).  Search in the code for the correct LIST
and note the #SEQ() number.  This is the number to use in the code
when using the routines in Clarion or methods in ABC.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can someone make a simple prog for me?

2. Simple question (for someone)

3. What should be a simple thing?

4. Simple things

5. gcc inline asm, can't do even simple things :-(

6. Doing the simplest thing with Tkinter Canvas

7. Seemingly simple problem with adding things to a canvas

8. programming -- keep things simple

9. Question: Simple things in Allegro

10. Another simple thing from me

11. Simple thing about printing