Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse
Author Message
 Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse

In Legacy code, I used to do something like this:

CurrentSel = Choice(?List)
Get(myfile,CurrentSel)
Delete(Myfile)

How is this done in ABC? I need to delete the record from the queue,
update the browse on the screen, and also delete the corresponding
record in the file.

TIA

John Norman

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:22:01 GMT
 Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse
Hi John,

I press the [Delete] button on the browse.

HTH
--
Regards,
Earl

www.kwiksystems.com

Quote:
> In Legacy code, I used to do something like this:

> CurrentSel = Choice(?List)
> Get(myfile,CurrentSel)
> Delete(Myfile)

> How is this done in ABC? I need to delete the record from the queue,
> update the browse on the screen, and also delete the corresponding
> record in the file.

> TIA

> John Norman

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 01:04:06 GMT
 Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse
Hi John,
In ABC I do it this way:

BRW1.UpdateViewRecord() !! Gets the current record for the browse
pointer
Relate:Myfile.Delete(0) !! Call delete without end user intervention
BRW1.ResetFromFile()    !! Reset the browse

HTH

Quote:

--
! Jim Katz
! Certified Clarion Developer

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 01:58:42 GMT
 Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse
Thanks Jim!
        That helped alot

John

Quote:
>Hi John,
>In ABC I do it this way:

>BRW1.UpdateViewRecord() !! Gets the current record for the browse
>pointer
>Relate:Myfile.Delete(0) !! Call delete without end user intervention
>BRW1.ResetFromFile()    !! Reset the browse

>HTH

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:00:49 GMT

1. C4b ABC - Find and highlight a certain record in a child browse

2. Moving a browse highlight bar to a record

3. Starting browse highlighting the last record

4. Grabbing Highlighted Record from Browse

5. Highlight first record on the browse

6. Set highlighted record to top of browse box after locate

7. deleting browse records

8. Deleting a record in a browse, embed points?

9. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

10. Deleting current record based on next record

11. C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

12. How To restrict child browse to selected parent browse record