refreshing browse box on form from parent browse 
Author Message
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

I have a button on a browse that I am using to copy the record plus child
files.  The problem is that when I call the form the child browse on that
update form is not refreshed with the child records.  I know I'm copying
them because if I save and go back to the form the child records are
displayed.  What is the best way to refresh the browse box on my update form
when copying from the parent browse?  I hope I explained that clearly
enough.

Best Regards,

Dean Burgess



Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:06:16 GMT  
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse
Have you tried ThisWindow.Reset(1)?

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0


Quote:

> I have a button on a browse that I am using to copy the record plus child
> files.  The problem is that when I call the form the child browse on that
> update form is not refreshed with the child records.  I know I'm copying
> them because if I save and go back to the form the child records are
> displayed.  What is the best way to refresh the browse box on my update
form
> when copying from the parent browse?  I hope I explained that clearly
> enough.

> Best Regards,

> Dean Burgess



Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:43:40 GMT  
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse
Steve,

    Yep, first thing.  So it kind of blows my mind.  :-(  Unless you have a
special place for me to call it from.


Quote:
> Have you tried ThisWindow.Reset(1)?

Best Regards,

Dean Burgess



Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:42:33 GMT  
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse
I do something similar in a browse. I use the on-line FAQ on
doing this. So, I've made sure I'm doing an insert and priming
fields beforehand. I would guess that the buffers for the related
files are not up to date.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0


Quote:
> Steve,

>     Yep, first thing.  So it kind of blows my mind.  :-(  Unless you have
a
> special place for me to call it from.



> > Have you tried ThisWindow.Reset(1)?

> Best Regards,

> Dean Burgess



Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:52:45 GMT  
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse
Steve,

    I agree, it seems to just be holding the child file in the buffer.  On
this one I'm using the Copyflash templates to do the copying.  There are
actually three embed points in there that would seem to give me some help,
but I can't figure which way to go.  I have:
Copyflash - AFTER filter child record - copy to same file
Copyflash - filter child record - copy to same file
Copyflash - has successfully completed

I'd like to use the Copyflash templates on things such as this, but it seems
to keep the child records in the buffer until it's completed and returned to
the parent browse.  If I can't get by this I'll have to make my own copy
button and loop thru the child records myself.  I never remember a problem
doing it that way.  I'd just like to use this template if I could.

Best Regards,

Dean Burgess


Quote:
> I do something similar in a browse. I use the on-line FAQ on
> doing this. So, I've made sure I'm doing an insert and priming
> fields beforehand. I would guess that the buffers for the related
> files are not up to date.



Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:59:14 GMT  
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse
Below is the generated routine to copy my child file (CaseNumbers).  Still,
how do I get the child browse on the update form to display?  It only seems
to hold them in the buffer.  I can even add an additional record in the
child browse on the form and it will only display what I added.  Save the
parent form, then go back in, there they all are.

Best Regards,

Dean Burgess

CPFAddRelatedFiles1 Routine         ! CopyFlash Template

   CPFSaveState1=Access:CaseNumbers.SaveFile()  ! Case Numbers
   Clear(Cas:Record,-1)
   Cas:InvoiceNumber=CPFOldID1
   SET(Cas:InvoiceNumberKey,Cas:InvoiceNumberKey)
   LOOP
       cpfk1=Access:CaseNumbers.Next()
       if cpfk1 then break.
       if Cas:InvoiceNumber <>  CPFOldID1 then break.
       Cas:InvoiceNumber=Inv:InvoiceNumber
       CPFID1=POSITION(Cas:InvoiceNumberKey)
       if access:CaseNumbers.insert()
           Access:CaseNumbers.cancelAutoInc
           Post(event:closewindow)
           exit
         else
           RESET(Cas:InvoiceNumberKey,CPFID1)
           Access:CaseNumbers.Next()
       .
   .



Sun, 01 Feb 2004 02:06:51 GMT  
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse
I don't know these templates, but on first look:
CPFSaveState1=Access:CaseNumbers.SaveFile()  ! Case Numbers
is restoring the old buffer.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0


Quote:
> Below is the generated routine to copy my child file (CaseNumbers).
Still,
> how do I get the child browse on the update form to display?  It only
seems
> to hold them in the buffer.  I can even add an additional record in the
> child browse on the form and it will only display what I added.  Save the
> parent form, then go back in, there they all are.

> Best Regards,

> Dean Burgess

> CPFAddRelatedFiles1 Routine         ! CopyFlash Template

>    CPFSaveState1=Access:CaseNumbers.SaveFile()  ! Case Numbers
>    Clear(Cas:Record,-1)
>    Cas:InvoiceNumber=CPFOldID1
>    SET(Cas:InvoiceNumberKey,Cas:InvoiceNumberKey)
>    LOOP
>        cpfk1=Access:CaseNumbers.Next()
>        if cpfk1 then break.
>        if Cas:InvoiceNumber <>  CPFOldID1 then break.
>        Cas:InvoiceNumber=Inv:InvoiceNumber
>        CPFID1=POSITION(Cas:InvoiceNumberKey)
>        if access:CaseNumbers.insert()
>            Access:CaseNumbers.cancelAutoInc
>            Post(event:closewindow)
>            exit
>          else
>            RESET(Cas:InvoiceNumberKey,CPFID1)
>            Access:CaseNumbers.Next()
>        .
>    .



Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:00:43 GMT  
 refreshing browse box on form from parent browse
Thanks all,

    I believe I have it sorted now.

Best Regards,

Dean Burgess



Mon, 02 Feb 2004 00:00:23 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. How To restrict child browse to selected parent browse record

2. Call a Form without the parent Browse

3. Parent form cleared when EIP child browse

4. Child browse in parent form

5. I have Update Form (parent file) with Browse List (child file)

6. Refresh browse after adding in form

7. Refreshing browse box with timer

8. Refreshing a Browse List Box

9. C4 How to refresh the Browse List Box

10. Refreshing Twin Browse Boxes

11. browse-form-browse and eip

12. Browse On Form Reads Entire Range Instead of a Single Browse Page

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software