Urgent-Need help with batch update
Author Message
 Urgent-Need help with batch update

Hi All

I use C4b-ABC..and am trying to use the process template to copy/update some
specified fields in a child file record to the same fields in the parent
file.

To be more specific..I need to test if child records exists..if yes then I
need to test a sequence field in the child records for the value '2'
Once the correct child record is identified then I need to copy the contents
of some fields over to the parent file.

I am in need of urgent help on the above.

Thanks in advance

Ed

Thu, 24 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent-Need help with batch update

Quote:

>Hi All

>I use C4b-ABC..and am trying to use the process template to copy/update
some
>specified fields in a child file record to the same fields in the parent
>file.

Thu, 24 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent-Need help with batch update
Hi Ed,

Quote:
> I use C4b-ABC..and am trying to use the process template to copy/update
some
> specified fields in a child file record to the same fields in the parent
> file.

> To be more specific..I need to test if child records exists..if yes then I
> need to test a sequence field in the child records for the value '2'
> Once the correct child record is identified then I need to copy the
contents
> of some fields over to the parent file.

    If I correctly understand your task. :)
    Assume that in child file you have a key one-component key.

    ThisProcess.TakeRecord embed:
    1. If you need to test one specific record.
    ChildFile:KeyFiled = SomeValue
!init the key field
    IF ~Access:ChildFile.TryFetch(Child:SomeKey)                  !try to
get
        IF Child:SomeField = 2
             Parent:Record :=: Child:Record
!or asssign filed by field
             Access:ParentFile.Update
    .   .

    2. If you need to test the sequence of child records
    ChildFile:KeyFiled = SomeValue
    SET(Child:SomeKey,Child:SomeKey)
    LOOP
        IF Access:ChildFile.TryNext THEN BREAK.
        IF (ChildFile:KeyFiled <> SomeValue) THEN BREAK.
        IF Child:SomeField = 2
            Parent:Record :=: Child:Record
!or asssign filed by field
            Access:ParentFile.Update
            BREAK
    .   .

Regards,

Anton Novikov

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent-Need help with batch update
Hi Anton

Thankyou very much for your time and reply..I will try this tonight

Thanks again

Ed

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

2. HELP: Need help with Ms-Dos batch lang..

3. batch help needed

4. Batch File help needed

5. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

6. urgent! need help with database bindings

7. Need Help on awk!!!! **** Urgent ****

8. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

9. urgent help needed

10. clarion 5.5 urgent help needed

11. Help needed... URGENT

12. *URGENT* Help need with data export