DLL compile errors
Author Message
 DLL compile errors

Hello.

Using C5E2.

I'm breaking my app up into dlls.
The 'global.dll' has all the file definitions and global
variables.  It compiles fine.

The 'user.dll/exe' will not compile correctly.  It wants
the globals from 'global.dll' defined in it or it will
crash on each module, saying it can't find the global(s).

If I put them in, it will finish compiling the exe, then
crash saying that the global variables are duplicated, and
it cannot link correctly with the file data in the global.dll.

I've been thru the User's Guide and the Essentials manual,
and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Please help.

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL compile errors
Hi Peter,
For the global data in the user exe go to the attributes tab, for each
variable  and set the storage class to external, dll. This should solve
the problem.

HTH

Quote:

--
! Jim Katz
! Certified Clarion Developer

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL compile errors
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your quick response.
I've got the Global variables working correctly.

Now I just need to get User.Exe/Dll to see the files.
At least I think that's the problem.
When I compile this puppy, I get errors like:

appname.map number,1 Link Error: Unresolved Extrnal
global.lib$FileName$FieldName in ModuleNo.

Quote:

>Hi Peter,
>For the global data in the user exe go to the attributes tab, for each
>variable  and set the storage class to external, dll. This should solve
>the problem.

>HTH

>> Hello.

>> Using C5E2.

>> I'm breaking my app up into dlls.
>> The 'global.dll' has all the file definitions and global
>> variables.  It compiles fine.

>> The 'user.dll/exe' will not compile correctly.  It wants
>> the globals from 'global.dll' defined in it or it will
>> crash on each module, saying it can't find the global(s).

>> If I put them in, it will finish compiling the exe, then
>> crash saying that the global variables are duplicated, and
>> it cannot link correctly with the file data in the global.dll.

>> I've been thru the User's Guide and the Essentials manual,
>> and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

>> Please help.

>--
>! Jim Katz
>! Certified Clarion Developer
>! Author: ABC DLL Toolkit  Maintainer: DEF for ABC,DET for Legacy
>! Web Site: http://www.iag.net/~jimkatz/
>! Company:  iTradeZone,Inc.
>! Using Clarion for Windows - Always looking for the simpler solution.

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL compile errors
Hi Peter,
Have you included the globals lib in the user exe project? If so, in the
globals app's file properties under the global setting have you checked export
all files?

HTH

Quote:

> Hi Jim,

> Thanks for your quick response.
> I've got the Global variables working correctly.

> Now I just need to get User.Exe/Dll to see the files.
> At least I think that's the problem.
> When I compile this puppy, I get errors like:

> appname.map number,1 Link Error: Unresolved Extrnal
> global.lib$FileName$FieldName in ModuleNo.

> >Hi Peter,
> >For the global data in the user exe go to the attributes tab, for each
> >variable  and set the storage class to external, dll. This should solve
> >the problem.

> >HTH

> >> Hello.

> >> Using C5E2.

> >> I'm breaking my app up into dlls.
> >> The 'global.dll' has all the file definitions and global
> >> variables.  It compiles fine.

> >> The 'user.dll/exe' will not compile correctly.  It wants
> >> the globals from 'global.dll' defined in it or it will
> >> crash on each module, saying it can't find the global(s).

> >> If I put them in, it will finish compiling the exe, then
> >> crash saying that the global variables are duplicated, and
> >> it cannot link correctly with the file data in the global.dll.

> >> I've been thru the User's Guide and the Essentials manual,
> >> and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

> >> Please help.

> >--
> >! Jim Katz
> >! Certified Clarion Developer
> >! Author: ABC DLL Toolkit  Maintainer: DEF for ABC,DET for Legacy
> >! Web Site: http://www.iag.net/~jimkatz/
> >! Company:  iTradeZone,Inc.
> >! Using Clarion for Windows - Always looking for the simpler solution.

--
! Jim Katz
! Certified Clarion Developer
! Author: ABC DLL Toolkit  Maintainer: DEF for ABC,DET for Legacy
! Web Site: http://www.iag.net/~jimkatz/
! Company:  iTradeZone,Inc.
! Using Clarion for Windows - Always looking for the simpler solution.

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL compile errors
Hi Jim,

I'm still getting the error:
AppName,map Number Link Error: Unresolved External Global.lib
$FileName$PRE:FieldName in ModuleName

These are my settings:
Global.dll:
        Global > File Control
            Generate all file declarations is checked.
            Export Files, Export all file declarations is checked.

User.dll/exe
        Global.Lib is in the project. freshly compiled
        Global Properties
                General
                        Use field description as MSG...  checked
                        Generate template globals and ABC's as Ext - Checked
                        External Globals and ABC's Source Module
                                Dynamic Link Library is checked
                File Control
                        Generate all files declarations is Unchecked
                        File Attributes
                                External = All External
                        External Files
                                All files are declared in another .app
                                        is checked
                                Declaring Module is blank
                External Module Options contains the global.LIB

Other
        Dictionary Files all have variable names (except 1), stored in a single
        -record control file, and in Global data (with different names,
        of course).  The file name variables in the Dictionary point to
        the global variables.  These are built-up at run-time before
        the files are opened.

Is there something obviously wrong?

Quote:

>Hi Peter,
>Have you included the globals lib in the user exe project? If so, in the
>globals app's file properties under the global setting have you checked export
>all files?

>HTH

>> Hi Jim,

>> Thanks for your quick response.
>> I've got the Global variables working correctly.

>> Now I just need to get User.Exe/Dll to see the files.
>> At least I think that's the problem.
>> When I compile this puppy, I get errors like:

>> appname.map number,1 Link Error: Unresolved Extrnal
>> global.lib$FileName$FieldName in ModuleNo.

>> >Hi Peter,
>> >For the global data in the user exe go to the attributes tab, for each
>> >variable  and set the storage class to external, dll. This should solve
>> >the problem.

>> >HTH

>> >--
>> >! Jim Katz
>> >! Certified Clarion Developer
>> >! Author: ABC DLL Toolkit  Maintainer: DEF for ABC,DET for Legacy
>> >! Web Site: http://www.iag.net/~jimkatz/
>> >! Company:  iTradeZone,Inc.
>> >! Using Clarion for Windows - Always looking for the simpler solution.

>--
>! Jim Katz
>! Certified Clarion Developer
>! Author: ABC DLL Toolkit  Maintainer: DEF for ABC,DET for Legacy
>! Web Site: http://www.iag.net/~jimkatz/
>! Company:  iTradeZone,Inc.
>! Using Clarion for Windows - Always looking for the simpler solution.

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL compile errors
Got it nearly fixed.
Thanks to all for help.
1 last problem:
I'm getting:
Link Error: Unresolved External global.dll in module.obj.
How do I find that error??

Quote:

>Hello.

>Using C5E2.

>I'm breaking my app up into dlls.
>The 'global.dll' has all the file definitions and global
>variables.  It compiles fine.

>The 'user.dll/exe' will not compile correctly.  It wants
>the globals from 'global.dll' defined in it or it will
>crash on each module, saying it can't find the global(s).

>If I put them in, it will finish compiling the exe, then
>crash saying that the global variables are duplicated, and
>it cannot link correctly with the file data in the global.dll.

>I've been thru the User's Guide and the Essentials manual,
>and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

>Please help.

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL Error Message on Compile

2. Compile error in DLL.

3. Unresolved error when compiling dll

4. compile error on winnt tcl8.3.4 when at the last create the tcl83.dll

5. How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)

6. Compiling Tk4.1: "cross-compiling" error

7. C5PE Compile Error: err.$$$(1) #6: Error: cif$filewrite The handle is invalid

8. error compile when VIs are good (Windows error)

9. Error VEEXT700: Linker Failed Error 511 when trying to compile project for DM 2.6

10. ERROR Again: Error 173 with DLLs

11. Error compiling LabVIEW VI into DLL: Error generating type...

12. compiling AWK as a .dll