CDD 3.102 on CELERON/Win95 computer
Author Message
 CDD 3.102 on CELERON/Win95 computer

We have application developed in CDD 3.101. It runs OK on old (486DX) DOS
computers, but breaks on new computers, with CELERON processor and Windows
95/98, with the message:
    WARNING! Error in Floating Point Value.
    Press Any Key To Continue or Ctrl+Break To Terminate.
and after pressing ENTER key, it shows
  Process Terminated by Floating Point Exception.

We can re-generate the program (using CDD 3.101 or CDD 3.102), creating new
EXE, but we can not run it run on any new computer!  Any suggestions?

PS.
We have tried different hardware setting, but it doesn't help.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDD 3.102 on CELERON/Win95 computer
Hi Leszek,

I had the same problem with an old 3.1 cdd program when I upgraded from a
350 mz to a 400 mz machine.

I do not have the source code, and the only solution I found was to buy a
copy of CpuKiller, an inexpensive little program that will slow down the
processor to run certain apps.  It works quite well.

HTH

Don Harvey
www.moark.com

Quote:
> We have application developed in CDD 3.101. It runs OK on old (486DX) DOS
> computers, but breaks on new computers, with CELERON processor and Windows
> 95/98, with the message:
>     WARNING! Error in Floating Point Value.
>     Press Any Key To Continue or Ctrl+Break To Terminate.
> and after pressing ENTER key, it shows
>   Process Terminated by Floating Point Exception.

> We can re-generate the program (using CDD 3.101 or CDD 3.102), creating
new
> EXE, but we can not run it run on any new computer!  Any suggestions?

> PS.
> We have tried different hardware setting, but it doesn't help.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDD 3.102 on CELERON/Win95 computer
Leszek,

It's a timing problem in the CDD3.1 RTL.
There is a (simple) patch available. Look in the KB's or
(this) ng's for more information.
Also the problem won't appear when you compile with
the DOS-Extender.

--
Best Regards,
Maarten

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDD 3.102 on CELERON/Win95 computer
Quote:
>the DOS-Extender.

That does it

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDD 3.102 on CELERON/Win95 computer
You must recompile your project with DOS extender or try to implement
next patch:
For CFD 3.102:
File        Offset  Old  New
==========  ======  ===  ===
DXVCLA.LIB   013F7B  50   CB
DOVCLA.LIB  00D0AA  50   CB
DDVCLA.DLL  014E5A  50   CB

( You can find the files at Topspeed Web Site and are free ).

Quote:

> We have application developed in CDD 3.101. It runs OK on old (486DX) DOS
> computers, but breaks on new computers, with CELERON processor and Windows
> 95/98, with the message:
>     WARNING! Error in Floating Point Value.
>     Press Any Key To Continue or Ctrl+Break To Terminate.
> and after pressing ENTER key, it shows
>   Process Terminated by Floating Point Exception.

> We can re-generate the program (using CDD 3.101 or CDD 3.102), creating new
> EXE, but we can not run it run on any new computer!  Any suggestions?

> PS.
> We have tried different hardware setting, but it doesn't help.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CDD 3.102 on CELERON/Win95 computer
We get the same problem when not using the DOS Extender.  If you compile it
using the
DOS extender then CDD3.101 should be alright, we've been using it in anger
for the last year or two under
Win 95 on a variety of hardware from AMD K6 - to PI, PII, PIII's.   For
DOS only minimum 8MB RAM, For Win9X I suggest 16MB or more. Our
Applications are 1MB- 2.5MB

I believe the DOS extender Lib has the prefix DEV, so check to see if you
DEVCLA.LIB

We've not tried 3.102's DOS Extender yet because TopSpeed is quoting us
$139 for the DOS Extender
upgrade which We think is daylight robbery given the DOS Extender was
bundled with CDD 3 when we bought it.
Interestly enough the CDD upgrade from 3.101 to 3.102 is $20!

Hope this helps!

Quote:
> We have application developed in CDD 3.101. It runs OK on old (486DX) DOS
> computers, but breaks on new computers, with CELERON processor and
Windows
> 95/98, with the message:
>     WARNING! Error in Floating Point Value.
>     Press Any Key To Continue or Ctrl+Break To Terminate.
> and after pressing ENTER key, it shows
>   Process Terminated by Floating Point Exception.

> We can re-generate the program (using CDD 3.101 or CDD 3.102), creating
new
> EXE, but we can not run it run on any new computer!  Any suggestions?

> PS.
> We have tried different hardware setting, but it doesn't help.

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDD 3.102 - how to set CLACOLSEQ

2. CDD 3009 with GUI running on WIN95 dos box - Using BEEP or dataentry ERROR - HUNG WIN95

3. Migrating from a Win95 computer to a Win XP computer

4. Win95 and CPD 2.108 and or CDD 3009

5. CDD and CW on Win95 Network

6. CDD Screen object display with Win95

7. Slow disk performance CDD 3.1 under Win95

8. Clarion 3.102 (DOS) and MS-SQL

9. clarion 3.102 problem

10. Collating sequence in CFD 3.102

11. Clarion 3.102 problem in report with group breaks.

12. Clarion 3.102 browse problem.