C5EE (Clarion Chain DLL) w/ C5EE (ABC Chain DLL)
Author Message
 C5EE (Clarion Chain DLL) w/ C5EE (ABC Chain DLL)

Is there a way that a DLL compiled with the Clarion Template Chain call a
DLL compiled with the ABC template chain?

I get a GPF everytime.

Thanks.

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C5EE (Clarion Chain DLL) w/ C5EE (ABC Chain DLL)
After I sent this I figured away around the situation --- Thanks anyway!
Quote:

>Is there a way that a DLL compiled with the Clarion Template Chain call a
>DLL compiled with the ABC template chain?

>I get a GPF everytime.

>Thanks.

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C5EE (Clarion Chain DLL) w/ C5EE (ABC Chain DLL)
Kevin, since you figured out a way around it, how about posting it so
Arnor can cache it in his IKB???

Please??? <G>

Quote:

> After I sent this I figured away around the situation --- Thanks anyway!

> >Is there a way that a DLL compiled with the Clarion Template Chain call a
> >DLL compiled with the ABC template chain?

> >I get a GPF everytime.

> >Thanks.

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C5EE (Clarion Chain DLL) w/ C5EE (ABC Chain DLL)
OK - Sorry....

All you have to do is in your ABC DLL...

Declare Globally...

C5_GlobalErrors         ErrorClass
C5_INIMgr                    INIClass

Then Create two functions in the ABC DLL

1) C5ABC_Init()

Which has code like...

C5_GlobalErrors.Init()                 ! Patch For C5 Clarion Chain Users
C5_INIMgr.Init('AppName.INI')
DctInit()
AppName:Init(C5_GlobalErrors,C5_INIMgr)

2) C5ABC_Kill()

AppName:Kill()                          ! Patch For C5 Clarion Chain Users
DctKill()
C5_GlobalErrors.Kill()

Then in your C5_CW APP, declare these two functions in the MAP, and call the
C5ABC_Init() in the program startup and call C5ABC_Kill() in the Program
Close logic...

It all seems to work for me...

Kevin

***
 Name    : Kevin B. Erskine, TopSpeed Certified Clarion Professional

 ICQ     : 10761812 [ http://www.icq.com/ ]
 WebSite : http://www.Software-By-Ragazzi.com
 Location: Sausalito, CA

***
 "Begin a new era of productivity..."? '96-98 Software By Ragazzi(tm)

***

Quote:

>Kevin, since you figured out a way around it, how about posting it so
>Arnor can cache it in his IKB???

>Please??? <G>

>> After I sent this I figured away around the situation --- Thanks anyway!

>> >Is there a way that a DLL compiled with the Clarion Template Chain call
>> >DLL compiled with the ABC template chain?

>> >I get a GPF everytime.

>> >Thanks.

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ABC Code not working (C5EE & ABC)

2. C5EE + multi-dll + Pervasive = GPF

3. Update: Software By Ragazzi : C5EE-SR1-004 - DLL Name change

4. Access violation in WOW32.dll; C5EE on WIN2000

5. C5EE-F ABC bug

6. Help! C5EE ABC Locator Frustration

7. fun with lines c5ee ABC

8. Multiple File Relations C5EE(ABC)

9. Fit Report To Page C5EE(ABC)

10. Fetch Not Working (C5EE & ABC)

11. C5EE ABC Process problem

12. Disappearing Embed Points (C5EE & ABC)