delete temp files in CPD2110 app
Author Message
 delete temp files in CPD2110 app

My app leaves behind several temporary files that begin with the
letter a or b and are randomly named files.  How can I write something
that will delete only these files?

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 delete temp files in CPD2110 app
Kent

I used a freeware program called RM.EXE which is an enhanced file delete
utility.
I call it with parameters that tell it to delete any files like a*. or
ovl_swap.* that have been on my hard drive for over xxx days.
Add it to a batch file before you call your program and it will do the
necessary maintenance for you.
I found that most of those temp files are caused by users exiting the
program improperly and power failures.

Check your e-mail, I sent you the program.

Doug

Quote:
> My app leaves behind several temporary files that begin with the
> letter a or b and are randomly named files.  How can I write something
> that will delete only these files?

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 delete temp files in CPD2110 app
You can clean up the temp directory in a batch program, before you start
your
App. Here is an example, that I am using:

set HDD=C
set CLAVM0=MEMORY,64
set CLAVM1=%HDD%:\PC_INN\MGRUX\TEMP,512
set CLAVM2=%HDD%:\PC_INN\MGRUX\TEMP,512
set CLATMP=%HDD%:\PC_INN\MGRUX\TEMP

If Exist %CLATMP%\VM*.* DEL %CLATMP%\VM*.*
If Exist %CLATMP%\*.$$$ DEL %CLATMP%\*.$$$
If Exist %CLATMP%\*.RUN DEL %CLATMP%\*.RUN
If Exist %CLATMP%\*.RUN DEL %CLATMP%\*.TMP

--
Regards !
Udo Cizelj

>My app leaves behind several temporary files that begin with the
>letter a or b and are randomly named files.  How can I write something
>that will delete only these files?

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CPD2110 App Using MS SQL ?

2. files, temp files, and file-like objects

3. f.saveasjpeg() deletes file in compiled app

4. Deleted .app File.. Need help desperately

5. How to delete all files in a folder from within app

6. Deleting a file from within Clarion App

7. Write to 2 file from pipe without using temp file

8. Windows NT and Clarion cpd2110 Memo file Crosslinks

9. Variable file names in CPD2110

10. Variable file names in CPD2110

11. CPD2110/CW20 Key file problems

12. TEMP=c:\windows\temp