Epson Stylus 406 problem
Author Message
 Epson Stylus 406 problem

  I seem to remember postings on this NG about problems printing to some
Epsons.

I have now come across a problem with one of my C5eeb apps in combination
with a customer's Epson Stylus 460, which is attached locally to his Win98
PC.

The app appears to print, but the printer produces precisely _NADA_, zilch,
zip, etc.

The remains true, even if I turn on/off spooling. With spooling on, no
document appears in the spooler window.

I know that there is data to print and that the report _DOES_ print if a
different printer is attached (eg, HP Laserjet, Deskjet, etc)

I have installed all the latest drivers.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Stephen Ingle
C S Data Systems

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Epson Stylus 406 problem
I have an Epson 740 that does that on occasion regardless of application.  I
have to reinstall the drivers (and status monitor) a lot.

Quote:

>   I seem to remember postings on this NG about problems printing to some
> Epsons.

> I have now come across a problem with one of my C5eeb apps in combination
> with a customer's Epson Stylus 460, which is attached locally to his Win98
> PC.

> The app appears to print, but the printer produces precisely _NADA_,
zilch,
> zip, etc.

> The remains true, even if I turn on/off spooling. With spooling on, no
> document appears in the spooler window.

> I know that there is data to print and that the report _DOES_ print if a
> different printer is attached (eg, HP Laserjet, Deskjet, etc)

> I have installed all the latest drivers.

> Any help appreciated.

> TIA

> Stephen Ingle
> C S Data Systems

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Epson Stylus 406 problem

Find an older driver, not the latest.ALSO give your report a name.
David

Quote:

>   I seem to remember postings on this NG about problems printing to some
> Epsons.

> I have now come across a problem with one of my C5eeb apps in combination
> with a customer's Epson Stylus 460, which is attached locally to his Win98
> PC.

> The app appears to print, but the printer produces precisely _NADA_, zilch,
> zip, etc.

> The remains true, even if I turn on/off spooling. With spooling on, no
> document appears in the spooler window.

> I know that there is data to print and that the report _DOES_ print if a
> different printer is attached (eg, HP Laserjet, Deskjet, etc)

> I have installed all the latest drivers.

> Any help appreciated.

> TIA

> Stephen Ingle
> C S Data Systems

  silverd.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Epson Stylus 406 problem
Hi Stephen

I had the same problem, gave my reports a name..no more problem.

HTH

Ed

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Epson Stylus 406 problem
Hi Stephen,

Quote:
>   I seem to remember postings on this NG about problems printing to some
> Epsons.

Make sure your reports have a jobname, so when you use REPORT(), change it to
e/g REPORT('cw report')

HTH

Arie Rens (Advantage Software B.V.)
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
http://www.advantages.nl
TopSpeed Software Distributor

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Epson Stylus 406 problem
Thanks to all.

Jobname solved the problem

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. printing on Epson Stylus in landscape

2. Control characters for Epson Stylus printers.

3. Epson Stylus 300 weird behavior

4. Printing landscape on epson Stylus

5. Epson stylus 300 color

6. Escape codes of Epson Stylus Color 400

7. EPSON stylus 600 color printercodes

8. Printer Drivers -Epson Stylus

9. ISQLTCL and Informix error -406

10. Epsom Stylus 760 printer problem

11. Printing Device Problem -- EPSON 460/660

12. Problem printing to a Epson customer display dm-101ii