Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed
Author Message
 Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed

The ABC Templates have the Browse embed: Take new selection, the
Clarion template for browses does not have this embed & I need to
disable/enable certain buttons depending on the actual record the user
has highlighted in the browse.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:59:50 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed
You need the list control, events, NewSelection.  TakeNewSelection is an ABC
method and thus you won't see it in the legacy template chain.  Rumor is
that you might see it with the new Clarion chain (5.6 and later).

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com

The ABC Templates have the Browse embed: Take new selection, the
Clarion template for browses does not have this embed & I need to
disable/enable certain buttons depending on the actual record the user
has highlighted in the browse.

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:45:48 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed
Hi Russ,

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:45:40 -0400, "Russell B. Eggen"

Quote:

>You need the list control, events, NewSelection.  TakeNewSelection is an ABC
>method and thus you won't see it in the legacy template chain.  Rumor is
>that you might see it with the new Clarion chain (5.6 and later).

Haven't looked:  Is there any difference between NewSelection control
event embed in ABC and TakeNewSelection in the browse object?  I
presume that EVENT:Selected is redirected to TakeNewSelection with
Register somewhere in the Browse class, but the order in which they
fire may be important.  I always use the control event, that way the
code is in the same place in both chains<g>

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:33:06 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed
Only in how they trap the event <g>.  In ABC, the control event embeds are
really placed in the Take<event> embed.  Same thing happens when you turn on
the legacy switch in the embed tree.

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com

Hi Russ,

Haven't looked:  Is there any difference between NewSelection control
event embed in ABC and TakeNewSelection in the browse object?  I
presume that EVENT:Selected is redirected to TakeNewSelection with
Register somewhere in the Browse class, but the order in which they
fire may be important.  I always use the control event, that way the
code is in the same place in both chains<g>

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:57:24 GMT

1. Error Clarion 5.5 ee and ODBC

2. Clarion 5.5 EE RC2

3. MySQL and Clarion 5.5 EE

4. E-Mail in Clarion 5.5 ee

5. Need Serial Number for Clarion 5.5 EE

6. Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP

7. Clarion 5.5 EE does not start in ME

8. Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet

9. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.