clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4
Author Message
 clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4

I need to use clarion 2.1 dat files to work with dat files on cl4b but
although the files seem to work there is a problem when I use key files they
dont work. I read that this may be a problem with the dos 2.1 clarion and
may need a upgrade (2.110 or something) I cant find anything on the net if
any one can help with the patch or ideas I would appreciate it
thanks in advance
john Whittall

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4
John,

The key structures changed somewhere along about 2.108 or so.  You need
to contact TS and get version 2.110 in order to share datafiles and keys
with the CW products.  There isn't any "patch" file I know about to
upgrade to 2.110.  OTOH, it shouldn't cost more than about $20 or so to
upgrade given the ANCIENT version you're asking for!!

HTH

Al

Quote:

> I need to use clarion 2.1 dat files to work with dat files on cl4b but
> although the files seem to work there is a problem when I use key files they
> dont work. I read that this may be a problem with the dos 2.1 clarion and
> may need a upgrade (2.110 or something) I cant find anything on the net if
> any one can help with the patch or ideas I would appreciate it
> thanks in advance
> john Whittall

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4
One VERY important note on converting to CAL2.110...

Once you start, you need to recompile ALL CPD executables that talk to
the database, and you need to rebuild ALL the keys involved. The main
difference is in how the keys are handled, and mixing version of CPD
(ie. Pre 2110 an 2110) results in blown keys on a regular basis. Before
you decide to go this route, make sure you have a list of all
executables, and have a recompiled version in 2110. Then go ahead and
CSRT all the data files and bring the 2110 versions up. DO NOT try and
tinker with the working programs at this time. Just get them up and
running. For thrity or so programs this should take about a day. Then
the sorts on the files.  Give yourself some buffer time to avoid the
inevitable 'This used to work and doesn't now.... so FIX IT! I need this
today!'

HTH

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Conversione programma da clarion 2.1 a Clarion 5

2. Converting from DOS Clarion 2.1 to Clarion for Win - Questions

3. Clarion 2.1 LEM under Clarion 3.1 for DOS

4. Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!

5. Clarion for DOS 2.1 - printing errors -printer not ready

6. Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII

7. importing clarion 2.1 for dos data files

8. Clarion 2.1 DOS - Owner ID on DAT file

9. Clarion 2.1 for DOS file formats

10. Clarion 2.1, file in ascii

11. Clarion 2.1 File System

12. Browsing Clarion Dos 2.1 Dat files