Clarion makes bad cdx index files, why?
Author Message
 Clarion makes bad cdx index files, why?

Hi Michael,

Quote:
> My .DBF and .CDX files were created by Clarion, and contain about 60,000
> records. Access 2.0 (and 8.0) seems not to use the .cdx files even thought I
> have selected them and thier key fields.  If I delete the cdx files my
> quearies run in exactly the same time, although if I open the table it takes
> exactly half the time to display the "record 1 of x".

You could try our dBASE Driver, this can handle FoxPro 2.6 format and
may do a better job than the Clarion supplied drivers.

HTH
        Sean Wilson.

Sean Wilson                                 L3 Technologies, Ltd.

         News: dBASE Database Driver now shipping!!!

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDX Index file bloats up but shrink after re-indexing

2. Clipper CDX Index Fails: OrderCreate(0) when file is large

3. Howto create CDX index-files with Clipper 5.1

4. error DESCEND() in CDX Index file

5. Memory variable problems with CDX index file.

6. WHY: Bad id line in file tclIndex?

7. Duplicates entries in file with unique index Why ?!?!

8. Why INDEX ON &INDEX->FIEL

9. Very basic problem with CDX index

10. An index CDX that start at the bottom

11. Update CDX and MDX indexes?

12. Detecting 'Unique' in CDX indexes