Daylight Savings Time
Author Message
 Daylight Savings Time

I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick & easy way to determine if a date
falls on one of the days when time changes to accomodate daylight savings
time? Thanks in advance, I really enjoy the newsgroup.

Larry Craddock
Total Technologies
113 N.E. 1st
Anadarko, Ok. 73005
(405) 247-7057

Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Daylight Savings Time

Larry,

Quote:
> I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick & easy way to determine if a
date
> falls on one of the days when time changes to accomodate daylight savings
> time? Thanks in advance, I really enjoy the newsgroup.

First Sunday in April and last Sunday in October.

IF MONTH(DayToTest) = 4 AND INRANGE(DAY(DayToTest),1,7) AND DayToTest % 7 =
0
  !If month is April and day is 1-7 and is a Sunday
  !Spring Forward
ELSIF MONTH(DayToTest) = 10 AND INRANGE(DAY(DayToTest),25,31) AND DayToTest
% 7 =0
  !If month is Octoer and day is 25-31 (last week) and is a Sunday
  !Fall Back
END

You can probably convert this into more efficient code, but this should
give you an idea.

Steve

Steven C. Gallafent
The Computer Guy

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gallafent

Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. time.daylight (Daylight Saving Time)

2. time zones, daylight saving time, and universal time

3. VisualWork, Time, and Daylight Savings TIme

4. Daylight saving Time issue...

5. Daylight saving time

6. gmt vs. labview daylight saving time XL

7. DayLight Saving Time in LabView

8. Daylight Saving Time flag in BIOS

9. gnat304 Daylight Saving Time problem (was: compiler errors in GNAT 304a (win95))

10. Disregard daylight saving time

11. Daylight Savings Time goof

12. clock scan tomorrow fails to handle daylight savings time change