Update parent value from child form
Author Message
 Update parent value from child form

I've got 4 separate ABC windows opened like this:
ParentBrowse --> ParentUpdate  --> ChildBrowse --> ChildUpdate
(table relations:  Employees --< LeaveTransactions)

In ChildUpdate form in TakeCompleted(), before parent call, I do...
  PAR:ParentVariable += CHL:ChildVariable
  !update a running total in parent table
  Access.ParentFile.Update()

Both ChildBrowse and ParentBrowse windows has string displaying
value of PAR:ParentVariable.

Problem is that after an child update PAR:ParentVariable is only updated
correctly when I go back
all the way and reopen the ParentUpdate again.  Display() or
Thiswindow.Reset() does not refresh it.  What ABC method to call to have
PAR:ParentVariable updated instantaneously from the child form?

Any suggestions appreciated

Johan

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:16:18 GMT

1. I have Update Form (parent file) with Browse List (child file)

2. Update of Parent Form from Child

3. CW4 Writing to a parent file from child file's update form

4. SQL - adding child record from parent form

5. Add Child Record Within New Parent Record form.

6. Parent form cleared when EIP child browse

7. delete parent-child record without using form

8. Child browse in parent form

9. Scrolling form in a parent child situation

10. parent-child in a form

11. send data form child to parent

12. Updating parent file when child edited