Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records
Author Message
 Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records

Clarion 4B, legacy templates.

I have a report in the app which works just fine, the header has fields from a
stock record and the detail consists of fields from a stock issues record.
(Relationship: Stock<--->>Issues, issues is the driving file).

My problem is that I still want a header printed even when there have been no
issues.  I have tried putting a second detail line on the report, but I cannot
find a embed point which will force the header to be printed when there are no
issues.  Any body know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for an answers.

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records
You might find the template from CPCS-inc just what you need.

With this it becomes a simple task of ticking the tick box.
www.cpcs-inc.com

I could achieve all of what I wanted to setout to do with the std clarion
report stuff but when comparing the time spent doing it to the add-on
template, it saves _alot_ of times and pays for itself in a day easily.

I'm not saying there is an alternative, but you wouldn't do yourself an
injustice looking at it.

HTH

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records
Mike,

Declare a local byte-var: DetailPrinted and init it to False.

In the "Validate Record: Filter Checking" embed put:
DetailPrinted = True

In the "Before Print Preview" embed put:
IF LocalResponse = RequestCompleted AND NOT DetailPrinted
  PRINT(RPT:Detail)
END

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records
Wow, Maaten, this is COOL stuff !!

I made a report where I write the detail lines to another dummy table to
solve this problem. Boy, do I feel stupid :-)

Quote:

>Mike,

>Declare a local byte-var: DetailPrinted and init it to False.

>In the "Validate Record: Filter Checking" embed put:
>DetailPrinted = True

>In the "Before Print Preview" embed put:
>IF LocalResponse = RequestCompleted AND NOT DetailPrinted
>  PRINT(RPT:Detail)
>END

>--
>Best regards,
>Maarten
>C5EEb - ABC

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

2. Please Help, 2 detail areas on 1 report - CW2003

3. Question about Print Header Info***PLEASE HELP***

4. Reports: Detail Header on each page

5. header/detail lines in CW report

6. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

7. Print Header without detail

8. Help with printing a single page/record report

9. Creating data record for report detail lines

10. Duplicating certain detail records in Report

11. Printing Raport - no records found for detail

12. Please help on printing report....