Getting all record info for Combo box selection
Author Message
 Getting all record info for Combo box selection

I have Product update form that contains a dropdown combo box from which
I can select an entry from the Seller file.  I am working now with the
Product update form that already contains an entry in the Seller combo
box.   I have put a button next to the box that I want to use to call
the Seller update form so I can see all the information for the Seller
that is displayed in the combo box.

The button calls the UpdateSeller procedure okay,  but the only field
that is filled in on the update form is the SEL:Seller field, the field
specified in the combo box.  If I close the UpdateSeller form and return
to the Product update form, press the down arrow on combo box, select
the Seller from the drop down list, and then press the button, all
fields appear on the Seller update form.

How can I get the button to display all the information in the Seller
update form without having to select the Seller in the drop down list
every time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob Edwards

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting all record info for Combo box selection
It sounds as though you need to retrieve the current Seller record into
the buffer before calling the update form for the Seller record.  (this
is what happens when you select a record from the drop down box)

Suggest: get(Seller,Sel:key_whatever), Key_whatever will be the key
element that is used to list the Seller record in the Combo. then call
the Seller update form.

Quote:
> I have Product update form that contains a dropdown combo box from
which
> I can select an entry from the Seller file.  I am working now with the
> Product update form that already contains an entry in the Seller combo
> box.   I have put a button next to the box that I want to use to call
> the Seller update form so I can see all the information for the Seller
> that is displayed in the combo box.

> The button calls the UpdateSeller procedure okay,  but the only field
> that is filled in on the update form is the SEL:Seller field, the
field
> specified in the combo box.  If I close the UpdateSeller form and
return
> to the Product update form, press the down arrow on combo box, select
> the Seller from the drop down list, and then press the button, all
> fields appear on the Seller update form.

> How can I get the button to display all the information in the Seller
> update form without having to select the Seller in the drop down list
> every time?

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> Bob Edwards

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting all record info for Combo box selection
inquizit:

That's it.. It works.  Thank you very much for the help.

Bob Edwards

> It sounds as though you need to retrieve the current Seller record into
> the buffer before calling the update form for the Seller record.  (this
> is what happens when you select a record from the drop down box)

> Suggest: get(Seller,Sel:key_whatever), Key_whatever will be the key
> element that is used to list the Seller record in the Combo. then call
> the Seller update form.

> > I have Product update form that contains a dropdown combo box from
> which
> > I can select an entry from the Seller file.  I am working now with the
> > Product update form that already contains an entry in the Seller combo
> > box.   I have put a button next to the box that I want to use to call
> > the Seller update form so I can see all the information for the Seller
> > that is displayed in the combo box.

> > The button calls the UpdateSeller procedure okay,  but the only field
> > that is filled in on the update form is the SEL:Seller field, the
> field
> > specified in the combo box.  If I close the UpdateSeller form and
> return
> > to the Product update form, press the down arrow on combo box, select
> > the Seller from the drop down list, and then press the button, all
> > fields appear on the Seller update form.

> > How can I get the button to display all the information in the Seller
> > update form without having to select the Seller in the drop down list
> > every time?

> > Thanks in advance for any help.

> > Bob Edwards

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how do I get a multicolumn drop box selection to show in the combo inputbox

2. Combo Boxes / List Boxes

3. get value of a combo box or a list box in embeds

4. Color a record in a browse list box by condition of the field in that record

5. Combo Selection

6. Getting strange records with more than 100.000 records with NTX

7. Combo Box Behavior

8. Drop Down Combo Box Issue?

9. different choices for Combo Box in Dataset depending on the row

10. combo box

11. [WB] Combo Box Problem

12. Newbie question about combo boxes