Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Author Message
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors

Hi

I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we are
using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy templates and
runs fine over our network.

However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350) number of
unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits the
same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our app
but something in the configuration of the machine used for development.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the resolution.  We
clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we can
resolve this issue.

Regards

Roger Parry

---

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:46:28 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Roger

Quote:
> However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350) number
of
> unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits the
> same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our app
> but something in the configuration of the machine used for development.

What are the link errors ? Have you checked that you have Clarion\bin in
your path statement, and that your redirection file is correct ?

Bernard,
San Antonio.

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:13:18 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
I've had it twice (large numbers of unresolved externals) and could compile
anything either time with C5ee  Have never run Calrionet.  The problem was
not app specific.  The first time I did a repair on my Win98 and it solved
the problem.  The second time was caused (apparently) by other software.
This one was a dsl manager called ConnectManager from Southern Bell.  It
didn't work anyway.  After I installed it my C5ee compiles failed again.
Repair of Win98 did no good.  I decided to delete the entire ConnectManager
directory structure.  After I rebooted the machine everything with C5ee was
back to normal.

--
Louis Andrews - C5ee ABC

Quote:
> Hi

> I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
> possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we are
> using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy templates
and
> runs fine over our network.

> However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350) number
of
> unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits the
> same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our app
> but something in the configuration of the machine used for development.

> Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the resolution.  We
> clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we can
> resolve this issue.

> Regards

> Roger Parry

> ---

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:44:42 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Roger,

It's a great product, as you will see once these errors get resolved.
A few thoughts - In his older beta's, and probably still in 9I, you
have to make a change to \libsrc\builtins.clw and
\template\report.tpw. Also, (I think this was fixed by 9I), open the
legacy demo and edit the project. Find the lib file section and be
sure there isn't some wierd path prepended to the file(s).

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:46:28 +0100, "Roger Parry"

Quote:

>Hi

>I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
>possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we are
>using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy templates and
>runs fine over our network.

>However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350) number of
>unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits the
>same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our app
>but something in the configuration of the machine used for development.

>Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the resolution.  We
>clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we can
>resolve this issue.

>Regards

>Roger Parry

>---

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:24:36 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Thanks for yours and the other positive responses received.

I have amended the builtins .clw and report.tpw as instructed in the manual.

This problem only affects the app when the clarionet template is added.
Without it the app compiles and links just fine so I know that the path and
redirection file is OK.

Examples of the errors received are:
Unresolved External ClarioNetServer:Init in rwd.obj
Unresolved External ClarioNetServer:Active in rwd003.obj
Unresolved External ClarioNET:StartReport in rwd003.obj
Unresolved External ClarioNET:AddMetafileName in rwd024.obj

If anyone can throw any further light on the problem I'd be very grateful.

Regards

Roger Parry

Quote:
> Roger,

> It's a great product, as you will see once these errors get resolved.
> A few thoughts - In his older beta's, and probably still in 9I, you
> have to make a change to \libsrc\builtins.clw and
> \template\report.tpw. Also, (I think this was fixed by 9I), open the
> legacy demo and edit the project. Find the lib file section and be
> sure there isn't some wierd path prepended to the file(s).

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:46:28 +0100, "Roger Parry"

> >Hi

> >I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
> >possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we are
> >using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy templates
and
> >runs fine over our network.

> >However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350) number
of
> >unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits the
> >same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our
app
> >but something in the configuration of the machine used for development.

> >Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the resolution.
We
> >clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we can
> >resolve this issue.

> >Regards

> >Roger Parry

> >---

---

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:31:42 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Thanks for yours and the other positive responses received.

I have amended the builtins .clw and report.tpw as instructed in the
manual.

This problem only affects the app when the clarionet template is added.
Without it the app compiles and links just fine so I know that the path
and
redirection file is OK.

Examples of the errors received are:
Unresolved External ClarioNetServer:Init in rwd.obj
Unresolved External ClarioNetServer:Active in rwd003.obj
Unresolved External ClarioNET:StartReport in rwd003.obj
Unresolved External ClarioNET:AddMetafileName in rwd024.obj

If anyone can throw any further light on the problem I'd be very
grateful.

Regards

Roger Parry

Quote:
> Roger,

> It's a great product, as you will see once these errors get resolved.
> A few thoughts - In his older beta's, and probably still in 9I, you
> have to make a change to \libsrc\builtins.clw and
> \template\report.tpw. Also, (I think this was fixed by 9I), open the
> legacy demo and edit the project. Find the lib file section and be
> sure there isn't some wierd path prepended to the file(s).

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:46:28 +0100, "Roger Parry"

> >Hi

> >I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
> >possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we
are
> >using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy

templates
and
Quote:
> >runs fine over our network.

> >However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350)

number
of
Quote:
> >unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits
the
> >same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with

our
app
Quote:
> >but something in the configuration of the machine used for
development.

> >Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the

resolution.
We

> >clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we
can
> >resolve this issue.

> >Regards

> >Roger Parry

> >---

---

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:31:42 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Roger,

It's a great product, as you will see once these errors get resolved.
A few thoughts - In his older beta's, and probably still in 9I, you
have to make a change to \libsrc\builtins.clw and
\template\report.tpw. Also, (I think this was fixed by 9I), open the
legacy demo and edit the project. Find the lib file section and be
sure there isn't some wierd path prepended to the file(s).

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:46:28 +0100, "Roger Parry"

Quote:

>Hi

>I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
>possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we are
>using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy
templates and
>runs fine over our network.

>However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350)
number of
>unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits
the
>same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our
app
>but something in the configuration of the machine used for development.

>Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the resolution.
We
>clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we
can
>resolve this issue.

>Regards

>Roger Parry

>---

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:24:36 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
I've had it twice (large numbers of unresolved externals) and could
compile
anything either time with C5ee  Have never run Calrionet.  The problem
was
not app specific.  The first time I did a repair on my Win98 and it
solved
the problem.  The second time was caused (apparently) by other software.
This one was a dsl manager called ConnectManager from Southern Bell.  It
didn't work anyway.  After I installed it my C5ee compiles failed again.
Repair of Win98 did no good.  I decided to delete the entire
ConnectManager
directory structure.  After I rebooted the machine everything with C5ee
was
back to normal.

--
Louis Andrews - C5ee ABC

Quote:
> Hi

> I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
> possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we
are
> using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy

templates
and
Quote:
> runs fine over our network.

> However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350)

number
of
Quote:
> unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits
the
> same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our
app
> but something in the configuration of the machine used for
development.

> Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the resolution.
We
> clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we
can
> resolve this issue.

> Regards

> Roger Parry

> ---

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:44:42 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Roger

Quote:
> However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350)

number
of
Quote:
> unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits
the
> same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our
app
> but something in the configuration of the machine used for

development.

What are the link errors ? Have you checked that you have Clarion\bin in
your path statement, and that your redirection file is correct ?

Bernard,
San Antonio.

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:13:18 GMT
 Clarionet Demo - Unresolved Link Errors
Hi

I have Clarionet beta 9l which I was hoping to use to evaluate the
possibilty of providing intranet access for an application which we are
using.  The application was developed using C55PE using legacy templates
and
runs fine over our network.

However when I try to convert to Claionet I get a large (over 350)
number of
unresolved link errors.  In fact the legacy example program exhibits the
same problem which leads me to think that it is not a problem with our
app
but something in the configuration of the machine used for development.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so what was the resolution.
We
clearly don't want to commit to purchasing the final product until we
can
resolve this issue.

Regards

Roger Parry

---

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:46:28 GMT

1. Unresolved External error when linking a Fortran Dll from C++

2. Help Please - Linking error (unresolved externals)

3. link error. unresolved external

4. Link Error - Unresolved external GETMODULEMESSAGE in XXX002.obj

5. "Unresolved for export" LINK error

6. Link Error: Unresolved External global.dll in module.obj

7. Link Error: Unresolved external file

8. Link Error: UNRESOLVED EXTERNAL Datafixes @F - in MAIN(FRAME)

9. Link Error: unresolved external CLARION

10. Link Error: Unresolved External

11. Linking Error - Unresolved External DOS in Marke045.obj

12. Link Error: ProcedureName Is unresolved for export