Cannot read file over network
Author Message
 Cannot read file over network

Can anyone perhaps shed some light?

Using C5EEb, Windows 98, Novell 4.11 network.

I am running my app on a network ( Novell 4.11) . The problem is that when
somebody is busy on the database from another station and I run a report
then we get a clash and error "Read fault:Disk read failure. Do you want to
GPF". When I run a report is it not supposed to "read only", why do I get
this error?
Some have suggested that the problem lies with the files TOPSPEED Driver .

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot read file over network
Neville:
One thought, the print preview is a child window, you are not by chance
calling the report from a non-MDI child window?

Mick

Quote:

>Can anyone perhaps shed some light?

>Using C5EEb, Windows 98, Novell 4.11 network.

>I am running my app on a network ( Novell 4.11) . The problem is that when
>somebody is busy on the database from another station and I run a report
>then we get a clash and error "Read fault:Disk read failure. Do you want to
>GPF". When I run a report is it not supposed to "read only", why do I get
>this error?
>Some have suggested that the problem lies with the files TOPSPEED Driver .

>Any suggestions?
>Thanks in advance

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot read file over network
Try you app in an other network environment to see if the problem come from
the network.
I use keystone computer ressources's template to work in Novell networks.
http://www.keystonecr.com

Quote:
> Can anyone perhaps shed some light?

> Using C5EEb, Windows 98, Novell 4.11 network.

> I am running my app on a network ( Novell 4.11) . The problem is that when
> somebody is busy on the database from another station and I run a report
> then we get a clash and error "Read fault:Disk read failure. Do you want
> GPF". When I run a report is it not supposed to "read only", why do I get
> this error?
> Some have suggested that the problem lies with the files TOPSPEED Driver .

> Any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CANNOT COPY VI FILE OVER NETWORK using win XP

2. "cannot read parcel file"

3. Cannot read in xml file

4. PIL 1.0b1: Cannot Read Files with Alpha

5. files cannot be read during make install

6. Newbie question: cannot read from file?

7. double read on network files

8. c5print.exe and c5printx.exe cannot run in the root directory of a network drive

9. FORTRAN prog. CANNOT use Network data in REALTIME

10. Cannot find the right record using random read in TPS but can find in DBF

11. Cannot find the right record using random read

12. Crystal Reports VBX - Cannot read report