CW 2.X and NT 4.0 screen design problems
Author Message
 CW 2.X and NT 4.0 screen design problems

Hi all,
I'm tired to start CW 2.003 6 to 12 times per hour when
I'm doing screen layouts running CW on NT 4.0.
It's only possible to finish couple of fields when
CW looses focus for some/all controls and they become
unmovable. After restarting CW it works again a while.
This same anomality has been since version 2.0.
One nice feature is also that vertical distance between
controls does not stay as designed becouse CW seems to
rearranging controls by itself...
Does anyone know any workaround to keep screen layout
as designed or any faster way to make controls movable
again than restart CW?

Regards,

Jari Sarelahti

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CW 2.X and NT 4.0 screen design problems

Quote:
>Does anyone know any workaround to keep screen layout
>as designed or any faster way to make controls movable
>again than restart CW?

To keep controls from moving around too much you want to NOT use a 8514a
screen font to do the layout in.  When displayed with a VGA font the VGA
screen gets shrunk down and your fields get too small.  Going the other
way seems to work much better.  In general you have to allow some latitude
in the screen display because users can change stuff themselves and they
can be running differnt sytem fonts too.

As far as restarting goes I've seen that too where items in the screen
formatter are no longer pickable.  Report formatter for me is worse.
Mostly I do work in WinOS2 since for me the 16 bit environment runs more
stable and I still seem to compile just as fast.  The IDE is after all a
16 bit application.  When I'm done I switch to NT to compile 32 bit after
I test and debug it in 16 bit.

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT 4.0 CW 4b ODBC import problem

2. Problem: MIT Scheme 7.4.2 on Windows NT 4.0 under NT Emacs

3. CW 4.0 & NT

4. Character size on the screen Windows NT 4.0

5. Mouse/NT 4.0 Workstation: disappeares in Full-Screen-Mode

6. problem with dictionary CDD 3.100 --> CW 4.0

7. 4.0 Executing only one runtime image in NT 4.0

8. Fuji-Cobol V 4.0 and NT 4.0

9. Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0

10. PowerStation 4.0 and NT 4.0 SP3

11. VF 4.0 on Win NT 4.0...

12. GetVolumeInformation and MS FORTRAN PS 4.0 on NT 4.0