Clarion ver 4B-runcode does not work
Author Message
 Clarion ver 4B-runcode does not work

I recently found that RUNCODE does not return the
"runcode" from the program executed by RUN.

It DOES return negative values. To indicate problems
when the RUN command has bad syntax.

Does anyone recall if this was a bug?

I have no chance at the present time to upgrade.

THanks

Mike Kuhn

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:03:51 GMT
 Clarion ver 4B-runcode does not work
It is not a bug, look at the help file for what the negative values
indicate.

Quote:
> I recently found that RUNCODE does not return the
> "runcode" from the program executed by RUN.

> It DOES return negative values. To indicate problems
> when the RUN command has bad syntax.

> Does anyone recall if this was a bug?

> I have no chance at the present time to upgrade.

> THanks

> Mike Kuhn

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:19:24 GMT
 Clarion ver 4B-runcode does not work
Your right the book explains the negative values.

When I  run "anyprogram parm1 parm2"
and the
        runvalue = runcode()

runvalue is always 0, even when "anyprogram" returns
something other than 0, like > 0.

I guess this was not explained in the original post.

Quote:

--

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:31:22 GMT
 Clarion ver 4B-runcode does not work

Quote:
> Your right the book explains the negative values.

> When I  run "anyprogram parm1 parm2"
> and the
>         runvalue = runcode()

> runvalue is always 0, even when "anyprogram" returns
> something other than 0, like > 0.

> I guess this was not explained in the original post.

> > It is not a bug, look at the help file for what the negative values
> > indicate.

> > > I recently found that RUNCODE does not return the
> > > "runcode" from the program executed by RUN.

> > > It DOES return negative values. To indicate problems
> > > when the RUN command has bad syntax.

> > > Does anyone recall if this was a bug?

> > > I have no chance at the present time to upgrade.

> > > THanks

> > > Mike Kuhn

> --

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:07:02 GMT

1. clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4

2. Anyone done work on Vehicle Tracking with Clarion?

3. Clarion MDI dlls called from VB - well done clarion

4. himem.sys takes too much conventional memory in windows98 -clarion program does not work

5. Clarion foundry not working in Netscape 7.0

6. Aby got the QBE patch - link on Clarion Foundry does not seem to work

7. Clarion 4b - Topspeed File Encryption

8. Localizing Clarion 4B application

9. Wordwrap for Clarion 4b string fields

10. Clarion 4B recovery of .app file question

11. Converting DataFlex-files to Clarion 4b

12. Dbase files with Clarion 4b