Could not get write access trying read only
Author Message
 Could not get write access trying read only

I have a file that I keep getting error on when I try to open it. It says
Could not get write access trying read only. Could someone Please Help.
Thanks Ed

Sun, 01 May 2005 14:43:21 GMT
 Could not get write access trying read only
Ed,
The file that you are try to open is most likely a file with the
readonly attribute set.
You can change the file attribute in Windows Explorer or if
you only need to read the file without writing to it you can
open it in readonly mode.
E.g. before opening the file: Access:File.OpenMode = 0
Regards,
Marius Luidens

OpenMode

Quote:

> I have a file that I keep getting error on when I try to open it. It says
> Could not get write access trying read only. Could someone Please Help.
> Thanks Ed

Sun, 01 May 2005 17:51:16 GMT
 Could not get write access trying read only
Or, it could OPENed somewhere else.

--

Steve Parker

kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com

In Germany, they first came for the communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
communist. Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and
I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade
unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody
left to speak up.
             ---- Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

Quote:
> I have a file that I keep getting error on when I try to open it. It says
> Could not get write access trying read only. Could someone Please Help.
> Thanks Ed

Sun, 01 May 2005 20:05:24 GMT
 Could not get write access trying read only
I was opening it in main procedure before I went to next window. That was
the problem. I open it in main do what I have to do then close it and go on
. Alls Well
Thanks Ed

Quote:
> Or, it could OPENed somewhere else.

> --

> Steve Parker

> kb and download center at:
>      www.par2.com

> In Germany, they first came for the communists,
> and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
> communist. Then they came for the Jews,
> and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
> Jew.

> Then they came for the trade unionists, and
> I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade
> unionist.

> Then they came for the Catholics and I
> didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

> Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody
> left to speak up.
>              ---- Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

> > I have a file that I keep getting error on when I try to open it. It
says
> > Could not get write access trying read only. Could someone Please Help.
> > Thanks Ed

Mon, 02 May 2005 00:18:48 GMT
 Could not get write access trying read only
Been there, done that, changed Open to Open(file,42h).

--

Steve Parker

kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com

In Germany, they first came for the communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
communist. Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and
I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade
unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody
left to speak up.
             ---- Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

Quote:
> I was opening it in main procedure before I went to next window. That was
> the problem. I open it in main do what I have to do then close it and go
on
> . Alls Well
> Thanks Ed

> > Or, it could OPENed somewhere else.

> > --

> > Steve Parker

> > kb and download center at:
> >      www.par2.com

> > In Germany, they first came for the communists,
> > and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
> > communist. Then they came for the Jews,
> > and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
> > Jew.

> > Then they came for the trade unionists, and
> > I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade
> > unionist.

> > Then they came for the Catholics and I
> > didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic.

> > Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody
> > left to speak up.
> >              ---- Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

> > > I have a file that I keep getting error on when I try to open it. It
> says
> > > Could not get write access trying read only. Could someone Please
Help.
> > > Thanks Ed

Mon, 02 May 2005 01:06:21 GMT

1. I am getting timeouts trying to access parallel port with VISA

2. Clarification: read/write slow, and TCPSocket and sys{read,write}

3. read/write slow, and TCPSocket and sys{read,write}

4. try not read

5. try do not read

6. getting head/disk info during read/write

7. Getting access violation error when reading from file

8. Problem : File gets deleted when a read and write operation is attempted

9. Pls Help!!!!!!!!!!, a: drive not getting accessed from clipper 5.x in Win XP

10. a: drive not getting accessed from clipper 5.x

11. Remote Access pref file reading and writing

12. Reading/Writing Access MDB files